Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I agree 100% with what you just said. I don't like the terms Chinese Virus or Wuhan Virus but "wet markets" in China and elsewhere are timebombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Super Deuce posted:

This is honestly the hardest I've laughed at anything Maher has done in years. Laughed at.

No kidding. This is incredible.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

About ten years ago, I was walking down Hollywood Boulevard like an rear end in a top hat, like one does sometimes, and someone came up to me asking if I wanted to go to a taping of Real Time.

I was a fan at the time, and I said, "Sure!"

I was told to go to a lot and get on a bus, did so, and then sat outside the studio for two hours, before being being made to give up my cell phone, then ushered into the set. Bill came out and did a bit of his shtick, impossibly caked in makeup, I never believed so much makeup could be applied to a person. The only time I have seen so much makeup applied was on various corpses I've seen at funerals.

And then the show began.

But it wasn't actually for that show's "live" taping, this was at like 3 PM Pacific time, turned out it ended up being because this was the only time Maher could get a live segment with Bill O'Reilly done. O'Reilly wasn't there, it was a remote appearance, but I guess it didn't fit into O'Reilly's schedule otherwise.

Maher taped his show for that Friday a few hours later (and none of us in this audience were there) and what I saw was spliced into the show I watched later that night, they played it on the big screen and the real audience reacted like it was live. BING BONG BOOM, done.

My main recollection of this isn't being bussed to the studio, standing outside in the heat for two hours waiting for His Majesty to be ready to film, instead it's of the two absolute brutes he had standing between the stage and the audience, two man-mountains who glared nonstop at the audience with a look that said "Come on and try to run up on the stage. I will break you in half."

I was laughing out loud at one point because Maher is actually capable of being funny, and I remember locking eyes with one of these apes while laughing (I was almost in the front row) and he looked at me like he was tempted to murder not just me, but my children and my children's children.

Anyway, that's my Bill Maher story.

e: also Maher is maybe 5'4", and weighs maybe 130 (~145 with the makeup they put on his giant loving head). Also, he is a oval office.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 21, 2022

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Bill Maher ape security spotted

e: I am not using "ape" as a pejorative for Black men, the goons in front of the stage were very much white men, who were total loving apes. Does "mooks" work better for you?

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 09:00 on May 21, 2022

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I assumed, for some reason, that she was the initial guest who he talks to for ten minutes, but no. She’s an actual panelist.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I’m pretty sure he’s had lasik twice, it doesn’t last forever, and he’s been needing glasses for years. But he was too vain to wear them.

I really don’t think Covid had anything to to with it.

e: Also want to add that I knew who Brand was, and I’d seen him in a couple of movies. But I had no idea what he was up to these days.

What he’s been up to these days, you can see simply by going to his YouTube channel and looking at the video titles.

It’s been him pumping out conspiracy theory stuff, both-sidesing or outright praising people like Putin and Musk (while going hard at anyone on the other side, and typically refusing to criticize Trump or anyone like him) and having people like Tim Pool and Jordan Peterson on.

This is what he’s been doing nearly constantly, for a couple of years.

There is no reason at all they shouldn’t have had this guy as a speaker at CPAC. Indeed, he would have been a better speaker for their purposes than most of the same old lineup they trot out for all those things.

If he hasn’t also appeared on Fox News and Newsmax, I will be legitimately surprised.

His Real Time appearance consisted of him getting louder to talk rapid-fire over anyone else, and occasionally dodging being called out on anything by either joking or going silent.

I haven’t been a big fan of the show for a while, but this episode was one of the rare times when I can’t even stick it out for the humor. I had to turn it off about ten minutes into the panel segment.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 6, 2023

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Oh, for gently caress’s sake.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The Return of Ann Coulter episode was surprisingly calm and cordial. Even the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Well, she did keep touching his arm. Jones is a man, and it is impossible to not be taken in by Ann’s Charm.