Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Reason gets a lot of heat these days, mainly because of how they feel like a relic from the nineties. Back then it felt sort of edgy to hold those economic views - contrarian fluff, but really INTERESTING contrarian fluff.

And now their message has been dumbed down by people like Paul and elements of the tea party, and meanwhile Reason refuses to renounce the socially conservative elements of the tea party.

Its an odd situation all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Holy poo poo, Mary Matalin tripping balls was the greatest thing I've seen all week.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

What was with Fiorina's kids? I don't remember anything about them, but then again I blocked out pretty much anything Fiorina has ever done.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

When 47 million americans are on food stamps, its rather bullshit to try and pretend that every kid is living the luxe suburban life.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Just watched parts of the SE Cupp and PJ ORourke episode. Jesus, that was a clusterfuck. Awful panel all the way around - SE Cupp at her most "I'm normal, except for THIS crazy position!" schticky, Collichio appearing comatose, Bill Maher seeming completely out of it with a terrible monologue - that was not a solid hour of television.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

In a weird way, I kinda miss the old Politically Incorrect - a staple of my high school years. Part of the fun was seeing nominal celebs actually show interest in politics: manna from heaven for a kid like me.

So much of current Real Time episodes feel dominated by politicians (and their pundit lackeys) trotting out the old tired arguments again and again.

I get more variety in political positions on the daily show, and that's not a compliment.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

This thread got incoherent. Are people defending Dr. Scamface?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I watched the DeSantis interview and it pretty much confirms that Maher is explicitly a "i'm a classic liberal, so I'm voting MAGA now" centrist. Shoutout to the part where he said that Ron called COVID right and will stand against vaxxers.

Just loving heinous, all the way around.

(Hilariously, DeSantis came off pretty well. I've unfortunately seen him on a bunch of MAGA places and he felt much more relaxed and comfortable here. Telling, that.)

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The lack of guest diversity really drove the quality from "sliding downhill" to "loving freefall".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Nothing is funnier than when bill starts with “I don’t agree with you on most things” before spending the rest of the interview agreeing with him. What a wanker.