Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yo why did nobody call out nomani on her tone policing bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol i looked up nomani and man she has written some absolutely insane and heinous poo poo. why did nobody look her up before being on that panel they shoulda wiped the floor with her.

DoggPickle posted:

In my head I was like "RARRGGH this makes zero sense, you crazy bitch!" He hates immigrants, women, and he's just generally insane. But it's my actual neighbor and they bring me plants every year, and they don't report me to the HOA when my lawn needs to be mowed, but I'm still thinking OMG my neighbor is loving crazy. That though persists and I have trouble even being friends. Is this normal?

yes. it's difficult to see a person the same way once you know inside they support hateful morons (and thus are probably a hateful moron in some way). it's happened to me with a number of coworkers i was pretty close with.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 25, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm watching the episode right now and this Nomani lady is really really bad.

Ellison represents identity politics, not loving Perez?!!?

i looked up why she'd be on the show and she's an antimuslim bigot. she straight up said it's good of the nypd to racially profile arabs. and that hijabs lead to terrorism. it made all the tone policing more annoying. i wish someone woulda just said you can't tell everyone to play nice when you voted for a guy who's the worst of the worst in terms of tone.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Super Deuce posted:

It's not a new term, but it has lost all meaning.

nope. i've never seen it used inaccurately.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's what was pissing me off nobody called her on that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"islam isn't a race" is the dumbest defense because they're always bitching about arabs and persians. plus they make no separation between the various sects that are antagonistic towards one another.

while their own country is ruled by a christian fundamentalist oligarchy and many states are completely in thrall to such people.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nope.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fundamentalist christianity is a much bigger threat to the united states than "islam" is.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Muppets On PCP posted:

there was a brief bit on chapo a while back about how trump's basically permanently tarnished the notion of respecting the office

my coworker said to me "i have to respect him due to the office" and i said to her respect is earned not given and nobody's gonna respect the loving office anymore.

Craptacular! posted:

There's a line between crony capitalists backed by libertarians and populist fascism backed by white nationalism. Get rid of the latter first, then deal with the former.

they're one and the same. the republican party became crazy crony capitalist virtually the same time it became a white nationalist party.

trump is the logical outcome of the southern strategy, he's not some aberration. the republican party has spent the past sixty years creating the environment for someone like him to be elected.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 8, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Craptacular! posted:

That's interesting, but I don't think you understand the intentions of my post. The last post implied that moderate is wishy-washy. But how many people do you know who support the progressive approach to 100% of the issues, 100% of the time?

I like single payer heath care and universal basic income and usually identify as leftist, but I don't agree with the people protesting downtown waving signs that say "there's no such thing as an illegal immigrant." I don't approve of unlimited free movement and settlement of persons around the globe, which is what that slogan implies. This is because I'm a complicated person and not just an empty vessel for the most progressive agenda.

you don't seem to understand the implication of labeling people "illegal".

nobody wants loving unlimited free movement but it's a goddamn waste of resources to boot em out when they're already here and committing less crime than citizens (and a bunch of them have family here that are citizens). the reason people tend to sign on to most of the "progressive agenda" is most of it is both morally and objectively right.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zogo posted:

You mean permanently or just while Trump is in?

permanently.

Zogo posted:

I always thought the Aleppo thing was overblown. It wouldn't be hard to stump any politician with geographical questions concerning civil wars around the globe. They aren't savants.

it's the deadliest war of the 21st century.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

IRQ posted:

Is it even a separate incident from the wars Bush started? Daesh and Syrian destabilization are both results of the Afghan/Iraq war and trump is poised to stick our collective dick in the pencil sharpener again.

the vast vast vast vast vast majority of the deaths in syria are from assad so yes. it's a separate thing. isis didn't cause the country to collapse.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vodos posted:

When the majority of "rebels" in Syria are jihadists from other countries,

hahahahhahaha

assad let those folks in after the free syrian army started gaining ground and focused all his efforts on the free syrian army so isis et al gained ground and he had cover for his actions so now he could claim everyone he was fighting were "terrorists". am i being loving trolled.

IRQ posted:

But why did Syria become so destabilized that Assad had to* start murdering shitloads of people in order to keep power.

* You know what I mean.

the arab spring. assad started killing children and the people revolted.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Alienwarehouse posted:

Good lord, this is JohnMcCain101.txt.

it's what happened.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol people seriously asking why we should step foot on mars.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

http://www.sidwell.edu/admissions/affording-sfs

This, times two, plus whatever the gently caress they're paying in rent living in Kalorama.

And upcoming Ivy League college tuition.

i'm confused. are you aware obama could afford that on 1. just his income as president (400k x 8 since you don't really spend your own money as prez) 2. or his annual 200k for life for being president 3. or his prior book money 4. or his new 60 million dollar book deal. any one of those he could afford that poo poo and sometimes easily. considering he gets all of them...

also gently caress anyone that sends their kids to private pre-college schools.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 6, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bass Bottles posted:

Everyone who goes to private schools should be jailed??? lol

no, but they're pieces of poo poo. i have money so i get a leg up on all you plebs in public school.

Super Deuce posted:

Also the purity test thing is a real nonsense issue of new politics fans. For people who can't understand nuance. There is an actual demand currently to be 100% perfect to the idiots on the (would be) democrat side. That's wrong. These people (some in this thread) are idiots.

not a single person in this thread has said this and you morons really need to drop the "oh you want a PURITY TEST?" bullshit. what sanders ran on isn't all that left wing, in most sane countries it's center-left. it's tiring having the democrats just be rockefeller republicans.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 8, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zogo posted:

You're buying way too much into the fake/distorted public persona of a movie actor. We're merely months removed from millions calling Trump "Hitler reincarnated" and many musing that vans filled with henchmen wearing red MAGA hats would be rounding up all non-whites in the US to prove their citizenship in the weeks following the election. He duped millions of poor racists in the country with ease and he's not going to reciprocate. He's just like Bush on the taxes.

In reality Trump's making deals with Saudi Arabia and was recently spotted at the wailing wall wearing a yarmulke. This week Trump played the strange syncretistic unitarian and the anti-jewish/anti-muslim wings of the alt-right are undergoing a major existential crisis. Many are too embarrassed to even admit they fell for the big con. Some of the patented red MAGA hats are already collecting dust. So far most of Trump's major accomplishments involve stopping things that never came to fruition AKA pseudoaccomplishments. "I stopped the ACA, I stopped TPP, I nominated one guy to the SCOTUS, I stopped the aliens and the bogeyman." Trump's done enough grandstanding that you'd think he'd colonized Mars.

the gently caress is this bullshit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zogo posted:

You may have noticed back in November there was a gigantic meltdown occurring in parts of the country over what Trump AKA Hitler was going to do once in office. Barely any of it has happened. Scalia was replaced by some other guy.

The Clinton's are members at his country clubs, he's donated $$$ to Hillary etc. The idea that Trump was going to throw Clinton in jail was very distorted. The fact that millions of people bought into it is embarrassing.

Trump is a movie actor. Look at his actions rather than his words and tweets. He's not mentally ill. He's a narcissist like many, many other politicians and people on TV/film.

why double down on being an idiot when i make fun of you.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zogo posted:

It's almost as if Trump made the goofiest/obnoxious picks just to rankle and irritate people. It fits in with his cause célèbre style perfectly.

lol come on man.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zogo posted:

Well, they're also all extremely wealthy which is a prerequisite. I wouldn't put it past him to select people based upon how much ostentatious press it'd get. His psychological profile dictates that need. Tweeting and attention are right below food and shelter in his pyramid of needs. That's why he wakes up at 4AM to read tweets everyday.

Don't believe the lies or the narrow dogmatic view that he should be in a mental hospital. Donald Trump is not an insane rabid psychopath on the loose. He recently was allowed to visit the Pope.

Tons of Trump's voters are currently undergoing major buyer's remorse. That should be a clue that he's just another agent of status quo. Sure he's got tons of carnival barker personality but not much in the form of content. He's not building the wall. He's not deporting tens of millions of illegals. Search your feelings, you know this to be true!

trump is a loving moron you moron.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bill maher is everything wrong with libs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Super Deuce posted:

There is nothing off limits in comedy

you are incredibly dumb.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

maher's show shoulda been canned because he keeps letting dumb assholes have a platform.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Super Deuce posted:

It's up to you to stop watching for that to happen.

i haven't watched an episode since he had that tone policing trump supporter lady (seth macfarlane was sitting next to her)

https://twitter.com/feraljokes/status/871092709989208066

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the best episode to start with is the rnc one because its intro is the funniest thing ever made.

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-24-gulens-gonna-gulen-feat-dwdavison9318-7-18-16

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GobiasIndustries posted:

They cribbed that entire intro from a Gathering of the Juggalos promo

uhhhh yeah that's the joke dude. that's what makes it funny.

PT6A posted:

The weirdest thing is that making a lovely joke that used the n-word could actually end him more plausibly than any of the other poo poo he's pulled. Let's face it: that "joke" wasn't even the most racist thing he said on Friday night's show.
ot only are Muslim extremists not a bigger threat to Americans than right-wing white extremists, ordinary Muslims are loving being targeted by both groups, both inside America and outside of America. And the KKK is a gently caress sight more of a problem for, you know, literally all the non-white people in America than some nebulous threat of Islamic terror. But, no: racism happens if and only if a white person says the n-word.

people flip the gently caress out 7 people die in london but nobody says a peep when 80 people die in kabul.

6 muslims slain in their house of worship by a trumpist and it drops out of the news the next day.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 4, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the gop is the kkk in suits.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

right wing extremists literally control the government.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bass Bottles posted:

He constantly invites people from the other side on to his show, yet refuses to actually engage with their ideas. He'll just say "no, no, no..." and try to get them to repeat his pre-scripted talking point. What's the point? I often come away from his interviews thinking the right-winger came across as the more intelligent person. That's how bad he sucks at this.

he also just treats em with kid gloves. never called out that trump supporting lady for tone policing which makes her the biggest hypocrite and was super nice to jeffrey lord who's the most annoying troll on planet earth.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why did you quote me being right and follow it with lol? i need this explained to me. thanks.

it might be you're an idiot since you sub to hbo for real time and got when westworld is a hundred times better than either one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's not but even if you wrongly think so it's still better than both real time and got so my post is right either way.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RedSpider posted:

Wahhabism/right-wing Islam is arguably the most well financed extremist ideology on this planet, and the American military has been doing their dirty work in the Middle East on behalf of their oil for the last sixty years. Meanwhile, Richard Spencer gets his rear end beat in public by hippies wherever he goes.

Forgive me if I find the former more alarming.

i said right wing extremists run our government and that's correct. you lolled at it. i didn't say anything about literal nazis.

also why was isis able to grow? why does any extremist group get a foothold over there?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

satire died on november 8, 2016.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

ISIS pays a salary (which is not much, but more than they'd earn doing menial tasks) to disaffected young'uns and adults who can't get gainful employment anywhere else, and let them rape whomever/whenever they like which takes care of their repressed sexuality and not only adds compensation as a motivator, but sexual pleasure. Also, killing people is a whole lot more engaging and interesting than sitting around getting hosed over by ultra-corrupt governments.

the correct answer was "we invaded iraq".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PT6A posted:

I'm Dan Savage's bright white sneakers and unbuttoned shirt from before Bill Maher ranted about how millennials dress like poo poo.

drat daniel backatitagain with the white vans!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a black republican is like a white hotep. poo poo does not compute.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tr33 posted:

Jesus Christ S.E. Cupp is stunningly stupid. And jeez it wouldn't even bother me if she was just dumb but it's the kind of stupid that think's it's smart. Like what is an overhyped hurricane? This one drives me insane when people say this. Like just because it may not murder people at the time it happens, you still have weeks of flooding to deal with and river cresting and all sorts of poo poo that happens even after the storm has passed. Like seriously the U.S. has been extremely lucky they've mostly steered clear of major population centers. Thousands in small towns and rural areas still get hosed. PEOPLE ARE STILL TRYING TO CLEAN UP FROM MATHEW A YEAR AGO! I've been through about 10 of these fuckers and even the baby rear end stupid tropical depressions gently caress people's poo poo up.

it's like they aint never heard of better safe than sorry.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why are these people so loving immature. you're twice my age just say you were wrong. how the gently caress you gonna keep blaming sanders. if anything dude used kid gloves with clinton.

he's the most popular politician in america (and the group he's least popular with is white guys) and she's got trumpian levels of popularity. how are they this stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's annoying how they're all so stupid that they don't get it isn't about bernie it's about policy. it's the opposite of the clinton crew.