Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Carville's super ornery tonight.

CAJUN STYLE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
He certainly loves to interrupt other people.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Yeah Mona Eltahawy's been all over the place the past couple weeks with good info, but Bill trying to paint the Muslim Brotherhood as part of the shadowy Islamist cabal really fell flat and made him look like a fool. Then again there hasn't yet been any American who has said anything worth listening to about the Egypt thing, because we don't know poo poo about poo poo.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Dudebro posted:

Then you have the teachers union in the US who can't fire idiots. You have to diddle a 10-year-old to be fired. Incompetence is not enough.

Unionized teachers can be fired like anyone else but due process has to be adequately demonstrated, i.e. a reason has to be given and evidence presented. In at-will states like any other employee teachers can get shitcanned without having to be given a reason.

Grand Fromage posted:

That's Canada though. Here, if you work for the government you will get paid worse than in the private sector.

It's a little more complicated than that. For what few jobs there exists a direct comparison between public and private sector, such as janitors, the pay for public sector is higher counting benefits and pension. But that's because 36% of public sector employees are unionized compared to about 7% in the private sector. High skill public sector workers, anything requiring college degrees, are underpaid compared to the private sector. At the federal level those make up a very slight majority of jobs compared to less than a quarter of private sector jobs, so federal employee wages are higher comparatively. However, at the state and local level, where high skill jobs are in the minority, the average wage is about $22,000/year. Likewise over a third of public sector employees are over 50 compared to less than a quarter in the private sector, and pay raises in the public sector are mainly determined by time in service, often guaranteed by law.

cheap sunglasses fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 20, 2011

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
I'm not sure what perspective Adam Carolla has that's markedly different from the countless other rich white assholes who think they have the world figured out with the exact same opinions.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Oh god it's the Richard Belzer and Bill Maher uninformed conspiracy hour.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
This entire show has been nonstop obnoxious and the two people who actually Know A Thing have been totally shut out.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

IRQ posted:

I'm watching on a time delay but gently caress this Israeli ambassador dickbag.

Fair warning it's all downhill from there.

"Petawatt?! Whoa there professor easy with the metric, this is America!" "What's that, energy provided by a child?"

This is what you have to look forward to.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Two idiots yelling at each other.

Fun fact: Ed Schultz was a right wing talk radio guy for half his career until someone even crazier started working at a rival station in Fargo and beating him in the ratings, so he switched political identity.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
I guess it's worth noting Steele seems to have dropped the Bootsy Collins shuck & jive routine; maybe we'll get a nice tell-all when he gains the rest of his self-respect.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Dudebro posted:

Is it me, or does Michael Steele remind anyone of a muppet?

I take it you don't watch the Daily Show.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
Paul Ryan has a very Guy Smiley-ish quality to him, though I think they or someone else trotted him out to ridicule Mitt Romney in the '08 election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

IRQ posted:

I want to hit Breitbart with a blue whale. God this is horrible.

Yeah I can't believe he's even on the show. Then again he's on CNN.

And then again he's allowed to walk out of his house every morning without fear of death, so there is no justice in the universe.