Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
When was the crazy guy in the audience? I skipped through some of it and didn't see it. Also; that Tavis Smiley guy kinda owns.

Edit: just saw it. Did he really sit through like 45 minutes just to go crazy at the end. :cmon:

err fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

The Tea Party idiot was dodging Maher's basic questions about Republican ideology. I did laugh at the internet comment segment though.

Somewhat off-topic, but has Krugman ever been on the panel?

err
Apr 11, 2005

He did kinda sound like a huge cock. Ellison and Matthews were on point though. His argument being "I studied the arts, but I knew I was going to be a comedian. I had a plan." is really dumb.

err
Apr 11, 2005

porkfriedrice posted:

Wasn't that his point though? That the people involved in OWS should be doing things that police don't have to crack down on (ie camping out in parks) and instead be more involved in the political process?

Considering he was railing on how the political process is set up earlier in the show (money, corporations out of state, senate seating etc...), there aren't that many other options that OWS can realistically do.

err
Apr 11, 2005

Reihan Salam is way too loud and talks over everyone else. Bad panel.

err
Apr 11, 2005

Had to turn it off when that Huffington Post host interjected during Sanders' explanation of chained CPI and said something about addressing issues and speaking on behalf of a younger generation. Awful condescending poo poo.

err fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 6, 2013

err
Apr 11, 2005

Cornel West owns

err
Apr 11, 2005

Mike Rowe was poo poo too. Perpetuating the Right's "skill gap" explanation of high unemployment.

err fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

If businesses really needed these jobs Rowe discussed, they would be actively training workers to do them. Anything else is essentially blaming the worker for not foreseeing the future or being too dumb to learn new skills. Maher tried pushing him to address a political stance on the issue but he blew it off completely.