Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

paul trevillion draws wayne rooney and is mental

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2010/jun/11/paul-trevillion-wayne-rooney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

SteadfastMeat posted:

A Very Special YATR this week:

1. red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity and a direct free kick on the line

2. award the goal

3. send off everyone involved for violent conduct

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

2 is technically 2 yellows for deliberately leaving and then re-entering the field of play without permission. Key words being technically and deliberately

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

JingleBells posted:

It's pretty much the exact scenario shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxJ9wdXXbwY

in this though it's berbatovs momentum that carries him off the field. In the strip a player is running in one direction then deliberately exits the field of his own accord.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Dudley posted:

This is now a game of "Figure out Hackett's technicality" because in reality you really would do gently caress all.

yeah i'm not disagreeing with people in that 2 should be a goal but that's what i reckon the answer will be

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

1) Red Card and penalty
2) The goal might possibly be wider then otherwise now and the triangles are probably dangerous if someone whacks into the point. use other goals if you can but it's a park game and carry on if both captains agree
3) It's not the match ball but it's most certainly inciting the crowd. Second yellow if you feel like being a nob end

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 25, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Trin Tragula posted:

What is the offence? "Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity". If the ball runs to another striker who has a completely open goal, has a goalscoring opportunity been denied?

I also say advantage over, goal kick. God knows what Hackett will think.

yes a goalscoring opportunity has been denied, just because another one followed it doesn't mean the first didn't happen

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

SteadfastMeat posted:

It's Friday!

1. It's a yellow if you feel they are inciting the crowd
2. you can't do anything but inform your linesman and keep an eye on them. make a note of it in your report
3. It's a corner. Although it was a deliberate pass the keeper didn't actually collect it

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Bovine Delight posted:

Sorry, that's the line I was specifying but it wasn't very clear.

Here's the language for everyone who is saying corner:

The backpass is deliberate, just because the defender overhit it doesn't give the keeper freedom to use his hands.

ok indirect free kick from 6 yard line then

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Dudley posted:

I can't begin to agree with number 2.

you deliberately move your hand to protect your face and that's not a penalty. Raising your hands isn't the rule either or loads of sending off's i've seen would have been unfair

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Dudley posted:

It's not like that because it's not a surprise, he ran towards the drat post, it's not like it's come out of nowhere. Question even says he's "lunging", he's making a deliberate move that way it's his responsibility to keep away from the ball.

Or to put it another way, there's no chance of "post to hand".

so your saying a footballer in that position should just let his head slam into the post in case the ball hits his hand?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

1. yellow card and freekick to defending side
2. yellow card to the player but inform the ball boy that he has to let both sides use the towel. iirc there was an incident at stoke like this and the fa told them they weren't allowed to have an advantage by not letting other teams use the towel
3. red card and have someone else take it

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Lamont Cranston posted:

1) I'm cool with it as long as he doesn't need serious medical attention
2) No problem, corner kick
3) Corner kick

Seems pretty straightforward this week.

1) let him so long as its safe. He won't be offside unless he becomes active.

2) not deliberate,happens all the time. Corner.

3) can't score from a goal kick so has to be a corner which is a shame because it should be a goal for the plonker.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Masonity posted:

1) if it's in the position it's been in all game and he didn't move in a way that meant his arm would be in the way then carry on as it was unintentional. 'unnatural position' is complete shite spouted off by commentators

2) thank the player for telling you and put it in your match report

3) book him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Lamont Cranston posted:

For me, the issue on the handball is not whether it's in an "unnatural position" because, as is often noted, it's made up by commentators*, but whether or not the contact was made as a result of deliberate action by the defender.

What about a defender who is standing far post at a corner kick and sticks both of his arms out before the kick is taken. The offense one-times it on net from the corner kick, and the outstretched arm blocks the shot. I think it's fairly clear that the defender would be sent off, even if his arm had not actually moved from when the ball was kicked from the corner and it was, strictly speaking, ball-to-hand contact.

* Imagine my surprise then when I saw the following in the USSF's Advice to Referees handbook: "'Deliberate contact' means that the player could have avoided the touch but chose not to, that the player's arms were not in a normal playing position at the time, or that the player deliberately continued an initially accidental contact for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage."

No it isn't because they quite clearly deliberately tried to stop the ball with their arm.

• Locked thread