Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Since thermometers are being recommended and we've seen the Thermapen (which goes for around £50 here) and that Oregon Scientific one (which I imagine is even more), for those who don't want to spend that much there's this:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20103016

It's a timer and thermometer with a long wire so it can go in the oven with the roast. You can set the alarm to go off when it reaches a given temperature, too. Each time, since I've got it, I've wanted to test the disparity between recommended cooking times and that required to reach the necessary temperature. So I've stuck it in the meat and also set the timer on my oven - the thermometer has shown that these times are BS and, without this thermometer, would have resulted in tough and dry pieces of poo poo.

So there it is, wired thermometer with alarm for £7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

LoungieMu posted:

It had some hilarious brand name like Cleverest Son's Wife or such.

My parents have several knives by this brand! My mother got them because of the name. My father often recommends people get choppers made in Kong Moon (now Jiangmen, I think), so I'll leave that out there for anyone who's looking to get one.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Please can someone recommend the best waffle iron for me to get?

Requirements:

- Available online in the UK
- Electric
- Makes loving awesome waffles

• Locked thread