Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
I want to buy something to help me dice veggies quickly. I like to cook, but I am fairly slow and long prep times keep me from cooking quite as often as I'd like to.

I'm used to manual presses like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Weston-83-2014-W-Multi-Chopper/dp/B003ZFWC7G/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1371477799&sr=8-15&keywords=dicer

I'd prefer something manual with an overhead press, though this model seems to be getting lovely reviews. I used a bigger, metal one with a similar design that I really loved, I'm not sure where I could get one of those though.

I am also open to these: http://www.amazon.com/Progressive-I...&keywords=dicer

The hinge kind of worries me, but I figure I am just being anxious about something I'm unfamiliar with.

Finally, I am curious about electric Food Choppers/Processors... do these actually cut into relatively even chunks? I think I'd prefer a manual dicer/chopper because I know I'd get pretty uniform pieces. Could something electronic accomplish this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
No, I don't dislike cutting vegetables. Prep work is actually one of my favorite parts of cooking. I enjoy focusing on making even cuts while enjoying a CD and a(number of) drink(s). It's just that I'm slow to the point where I don't feel like I have time to cook every night, and I'd like to move closer to that.

My knife skills aren't the best though. I could stand to improve there and that'd be helpful in more ways than a chopper would be. I'll check out that Pepin book. Maybe even the DVD(probably not the DVD).

• Locked thread