Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
I've lucked out hard and things are going pretty alright for me lately and I kinda wanna invest in a goofy middle class semi-useless appliance after 10 years of being practical. :pseudo:

Is there a good drink cooler/general beverage cooler that isn't just a punky little ugly mini fridge that's worth a drat? I'd use my fridge as is but I like to keep a variety of stuff for company and mixing drinks, and my fridge is full of food and food accessories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

mindphlux posted:

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I have a $100 magic chef mini fridge that I've converted to a beer fermenter / drink storage unit. I recently moved it into my office, and it's so great. it's lazy of me, but nice to be able to just walk across the room and grab a drink. it's black and not very conspicuous, for $100 I couldn't ask for more.

Just looked up the magic chef line of mini fridges and that actually might fit the bill quite nicely, how much capacity/how many bottles or cans do you think it could hold? I mainly just want something to hold spare misc bottles of tonic water, seltzers, juices, garnishes, beers and liquors I think should be chilled. Part of me wanted to go full retard and get one with the see through door but that's not a requirement.

Economy Clown Car fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 16, 2013

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

mindphlux posted:

I don't know - I think I have around a 4.4 cuft model -

http://media.webcollage.net/rwvfp/w....jpg.web.v1.jpg

mine holds a 5 gallon bucket of beer while fermenting. I removed the plastic side door compartments and replaced with some plastic siding, and removed the freezer door and carefully bent the metal freezer compartment downwards, so like the cooling element is in the back of the fridge. I usually just stack stuff wherever it'll fit when I'm not fermenting - so like right now I have a 18 pack of beer in there, a case of wine, a couple liter bottles of sparkling water, some grits (for some unknown reason), and some goldschlager. so it holds a lot - I wouldn't wanna put all that poo poo in my main fridge, but it's nice to have it cold.

That is literally perfect for what I want to use it for. Even as is with no other changes other than taking the shelves out. Much thanks!

Also grits are delicious and breakfast grits with a beer is fantastic, that's why they are in there. :colbert:

• Locked thread