Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?
My grandmother has a ceramic cooktop which means flat bottomed pans. She's looking to get a new set, are there brands that do flat bottom better than others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

I asked this in the canning thread but it's really a request for a recommendation. I have this shinny new induction cooktop and I would really like to do some canning. Most of the pressure cookers I'm finding on Amazon are aluminum which isn't going to work. Does anyone have a favorite pressure cooker that would be big enough for canning that would work with induction?

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

dino. posted:

Presto makes a 8 quart in stainless steel.

I'm reading up on that and it says it's not good for canning unfortunately, I may get it for just cooking though thanks =) Everything I've found makes it sound that there really aren't good sized 'pressure canners' for an induction cooktop, I'm guessing maybe the weight will get to be too much at those sizes? I don't even have the option of gas here unfortunately, unless I get a propane something but canning on those scares me.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

I'm looking for a wine fridge and everywhere I look all the reviews says they last about a year or two. This would be for reds so it doesn't have to be beefy, any suggestions?

• Locked thread