Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm pretty sure this is one of those questions that this whole thread is sick of by now, but...

What's the consensus opinion on those Ninja blenders/food processors? I've had my eye on one of the higher-power models for a little while, and I'm wondering if anybody here has any experience with them, or if it's a product you might recommend.

I'm looking for a good all-around system that can chop things up, mix dough, crush ice, blend crushed ice and fruit into smoothies, make sauces/salsas/dressings/pestos... basically a whole bunch of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Actually while I'm here, is this a good thread to ask for recommendations on electric grills/smokers? Or just grills/smokers that don't use an open flame as a heating element?

I'm looking for either an outdoor-type (read: "NOT the George Foreman type") grill and a smoker separately, or something that functions as both a grill and a traditional smoker (assuming such a product even exists). I already know where to find electric vertical smokers if I have to buy the two things separately, but I have no idea where to even begin looking for an outdoor-type grill or grill/smoker combo that don't use open flames.

EDIT: If this question belongs better in another thread, please point me to it.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 25, 2014

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I like freshly cracked ground pepper.

But I don't like biting into the big broken cracked pepper kernel pieces.

Is there a pepper grinder that grinds pepper kernels super duper fine so I can't tell they're there when I eat stuff?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bhodi posted:

I bought the ones recommended by sweethome, I think the magnum? at the finest setting it's basically outputting powder.

Sounds great! Where do I find that?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bhodi posted:

Looks like there's an update so have five thousand words about pepper mills http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-pepper-mill/

So basically I'm looking at the Peugeot Paris u'Select, then?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bhodi posted:

Well, read the wall of text and see which one rated the highest for fine grinds. It may not be the #1 overall.

It's really hard to tell. According to that wall-o-text, metal shards came out of the Magnum they tested, so you might ought to consider a new pepper mill yourself.

Apart from that, the Peugeot appears to be the best for fine grinds, but I only skimmed the article.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Croatoan posted:

If you want a recommendation, mine would be to read the article. (Also the magnums are rad, I think they got a bum one)

I hit the larger points. I was just hoping for more of...... a quick recommendation.

I got that the the Peugeot is great for finer grinds, and that the one below it isn't particularly good about those.

I think it sounds like the Peugeot is the way to go. That or the Magnum, based on the recommendations in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

dino. posted:

I use the magnum for cooking because it will output huge amounts of pepper. I use the Peugot for seasoning because it will get the grind size down to fine powder. I've never had my magnum get it that fine.

Right now I'm more concerned with grind fineness than output volume; the finer, the better. So it sounds like Peugeot is the way to go, then?

I can always buy a Magnum for cooking purposes later, if I need to.

• Locked thread