Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
My girlfriend had Mirena installed about three weeks ago, and all the soreness had gone until last night when we had fairly vigorous sex and I may have hit her cervix. Today she was complaining of pain in her cervix similar to when she had it installed. She also had some light bleeding that may or may not have been related. She's worried that the IUD may have moved or that something else might be wrong, like a puncture.

She has a checkup scheduled for a week from now; should she just wait until then if things don't get worse, or make an appointment right away?

Probably just jitters but this is her first experience with birth control.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

NaturalLow posted:

Would it be possible for her to call the doctor and ask about it? My guess is that if she had a puncture or something like that she would be in a pretty severe amount of pain, but I'm not an expert either. If she could get advice from her doctor, it could save her a trip and give her some peace of mind (or get her an early appointment, whichever is necessary).

Well she says that it's much better today, but yeah I encouraged her to call her doctor and ask if she was really worried about something. I'm sure it'll be fine, it sounds like some discomfort and bleeding coming and going in the weeks after insertion is fairly normal.

• Locked thread