Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HELP, MY ARM--
Oct 12, 2006
Oh, accept the pain, Frank!
I have a question :)

I've been on ocella/Yasmin for the past 3-4 years. I've been hearing a lot of bad things about Yasmin/my doctor friend trying to scare the bejeebus out of me and he suggested Loestrin. I did some research and found that Loestrin being a lower dosage, might mean a lower chance of developing nasty clots? BUT, some of the symptoms of Loestrin include developing extra hair and acne break outs which is something I do not want to go through at the age of 22.

My question to you fellow, much-more-knowledgeable goons is whether or not it's worth switching to Loestrin IF Loestrin means a lower possibility of developing a clot because of the low dosages? Is the Yasmin publicity blow up worth listening to? Or should I skip this and go straight to a gynecologist about all this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELP, MY ARM--
Oct 12, 2006
Oh, accept the pain, Frank!

DRP Solved! posted:

Reformed Tomboy posted:

Thank you for both of your inputs! I really appreciate it. Yasmin has been working for me, and it seems like the chances of any issues are low. Hearing about people who are/were also on Yasmin and not worried is really reassuring.

• Locked thread