Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHEEZball
Nov 23, 2006
As someone with a latex allergy, I tried out the polyisoprene and polyurethane condoms.

Polyisoprene are awesome! And have gotten comments that they are better than latex for the men! Very thin, and very strong :)

Polyurethane are thick and I just don't like em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHEEZball
Nov 23, 2006

Sapphic Swordsaint posted:

I should have been more clear. Sorry! By that I meant I would get it regularly for a few years then miss it for a while due to funds but then go back on it again regularly when I could. I would be in once every 3 months like clockwork and the same people will still be making me piss in cups. They seem to have the biggest batch of paranoia over babies I've ever seen any medical office have.

Thanks for everything else though! I'll try that.

When I was on Depo they made me have a pregnancy test every 3 months too. They said it was just in case and for my safety. I don't think it's a case of paranoia, I think it's them doing their jobs lol

CHEEZball
Nov 23, 2006

Bagleworm posted:

Everything I've read states nonlatex condoms (excluding lambskin!) have the same effectiveness preventing pregnancy and protecting from STIs.

I've heard better things about polyisoprene than polyurethane. I think polyurethane tends to be a little thicker and less stretchy. Last time I was at the drug store, Lifestyles had a polyisoprene line called "Skyn," and that's the only box of polyisoprene condoms I noticed. Never used them personally, maybe someone else wants to chime in? We don't use condoms much at all.

I've been using the Lifestyles polyisoprene condoms, they are great! Compared to the polyurethane, they are nice and thin and don't feel like rubber. The men have commented that they prefer them to latex as well :)

I don't find them to be much more expensive than latex, I think they were maybe 2 bucks more for a pack?

CHEEZball
Nov 23, 2006
Yes, I got the worst of my cramps the day after IUD insertion as well. I chalked it up to my uterus going "hayyyy... you don't belong in here!" and trying to tell you about it :P

It goes away :) Just take it easy, if it persists and gets worse in say... 2 more days, go get it checked out :)

• Locked thread