Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ann disaster
Jan 27, 2007
Garbage and dogs are not part of a balanced diet.
Okay, question. I've got an appointment for Wednesday with my friendly neighborhood Planned Parenthood to start birth control for the very first time, because I'm in a relationship and we both like sex a lot and both hate condoms even more. Will starting the pill in the middle of my cycle throw my period off? It would be awesome if it did, because I'm due to start the day after the boy gets here to visit for the first time in three months, but this might be wishful thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ann disaster
Jan 27, 2007
How soon after starting the pill should I be expecting nasty side effects to kick in? Because I've been on Micronor for a week and if anything, my skin is clearer and my sex drive is higher than it's ever been. Is this confirmation bias, or what? I feel hungry more often than normal, but I can pretty much regulate what I put in my mouth so I'm not too worried about ridiculous weight gain.

Is the other shoe going to drop soon? :ohdear:

ann disaster
Jan 27, 2007

ilysespieces posted:

All I can say is that I started Microgestin back in October and I guess got lucky and had none of the negative side effects. Though I'm thinking of going off it for Implanon soon, I just hope I get lucky again in regards to side effects. I just hate how expensive not having babies is.

For loving real. Even through Planned Parenthood it's costing me $35 a month. I'm in art school, guys, I can't afford this poo poo :mad:

But it's still cheaper than an Actual Live Baby, I guess, so.

ann disaster
Jan 27, 2007
Okay, women (and unusually knowledgeable gentlemen!) - I am on Micronor, a progestin-only pill. I had sex with my partner Tuesday night without a condom, then missed a pill by five hours on Wednesday. I took it as soon as I remembered Wednesday night and am back on schedule today (Thursday) and have not had sex without a backup method since Tuesday.

My question is, do I need to be flipping out about a lapse in protection for sex that I had BEFORE I missed my pill? I can pick up a dose of EC tomorrow if I need to and still be within the requisite 72 hours, but it always makes me horribly sick and I have to work all day tomorrow :(

ann disaster
Jan 27, 2007
The insert in the Micronor packet says 1) Take a missed pill as soon as you remember that you missed it; 2) Go back to taking pills at your regular time; 3) But be sure to use a backup method every time you have sex for the next 48 hours.

It doesn't mention anything about the window of protection BEFORE you miss a pill.

• Locked thread