Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Hi all... I'm really sorry to bother you but I've got quite a problem right now and I'm not sure what to do...

I've been on birth control for 5 months, 3 on one pill, 2 on another. First one was Aviane. The first and second months I thought were fine... I felt a little bit foggy but it didn't interfere with my day. However when I skipped the "bleed" period on my second pack, I had a period for my entire third pack with no let up or easing off.

So I went to the doc and she gave me samples of Yaz and I thought it was doing really, really well cause there wasn't at all the amount of spotting I had with Aviane. But I feel like I want to disappear into the earth. I haven't been this sad and depressed in a really, really long time... I have been but that was due to some bad trauma in my life. This is just month long sadness and tiredness; I don't want to go out to see people, I cry at every bad thing that happens no matter how bad, etc .

I'm wondering - I just started a new pack of Yaz today. I'm not sexually active currently and don't see myself being so anytime soon, and I don't really need it for period control (though it's nice). Should I stop taking it for a while? I feel like I really need to clear my head of this thoughts I keep having.

Any advice would be appreciated. it's impossible to get in to see my family doctor right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Yeah, lots of people I know have said that. So I'm going to put my packs away and see how i do for a month. If the depression persists I'll go back to my GP.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Hi ladies, I posted a while ago about being depressed on birth control... I just wanted to say that since I stopped taking it my head has been SO much clearer. :) I no longer feel nothing but sadness, and life's gotten quite back to normal for me.

I still have a huge problem with an abnormal period though. My last one was so heavy it ran through tampons and pads within an hour combined. I have made an appointment with my doctor to discuss seeing a obgyn perhaps. I'm quite stuck between a rock and a hard place now. Either I get wicked awful periods or I take BC which, well, wasn't exactly helpful either. Just wondering if anyone had any advice before I go see my doctor.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I came here a while ago with a problem with my BC, and thanks to this thread I got off the pills making me suicidal and have been on Tricyclene for about... just under a year now I think. It's worked amazing; I've had no issues with it and no mental problems, so I thought it was perfect.

But now I'm having this weird loving problem. Where before my periods would last maybe 4-5 days off pill, they've now started going longer and longer, maybe 2-3 days into my new pack. I have missed once or twice but always made up that day asap. This last time I started with 3 days to go after missing a pill for half a day, and I've started taking them again as normal, and it's still going. I miss them, it happens, I don't miss them, it's still long.

I just need some advice before I have to go looking for a new family doctor. Is there any pill out there similar, maybe stronger? I'm not sure where I can go from here considering most normal pills suck for me and this one's been good till now. I should also mention I've started seeing a guy, so it's really hampering what little time we get to be together. :(

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I had a feeling it was myself being dumb, yeah. :shobon: Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm going to try setting a noisy alarm for when I have to take them until I can research a better method that'll give me period control (which is why I'm using the pill, to try and help me have a timely period). I'll take a look at the OP and go from there.

Edit: Nuvaring looks good for that; only have to think about it every three weeks and it looks like it'd be pretty close to Tricyclene. Thanks!

Chicken Doodle fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 4, 2012

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I'm looking into getting an IUD as an option instead of continuing birth control pills - I'm 28 and not interested in having children. Currently I take Tricyclene as others I tried in the past (cannot remember the names now) were giving me terrible depression and mood swings. If I'm on that BC, would one recommend Minerva or a copper IUD? I do not believe I am allergic to copper but I could always ask for a sample to test.

I read the FAQ but I couldn't really discern an answer there myself, sorry.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Thanks for the answers/summaries ladies. I've got a few questions to take to my doctor next time I see him. If I decide to go through with it I'll be back!

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I'm a few hours away from getting the Jaydess inserted. I'm pretty nervous about the procedure but having read up on all the possibilities has made me feel confident I'm making the right choice. I think the relatively cheap cost for it (insured) really makes it worth a try. My boyfriend is very supportive too. Just hate that I have to get it out in while I'm already bleeding, I feel gross enough!

Edit: Done. Jesus gently caress this is uncomfortable. But she said it went in perfectly and I shouldn't have any complications.

Chicken Doodle fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 22, 2016

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I'm going through a lovely IUD period right now - I'm guessing from reading the last few entries that it might not stop hurting each period. I'm maybe ok with that, but for those who have pain on their period: was it more generalized cramping or very acute? Almost 99% of the pain is in the exact same area every time (which was the main cramping spot after insertion). I don't know if it's cause for major concern or something that is relatively 'normal'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

've had my Jaydess since the end of June and I am getting it taken out. Daily cramps which actually effect my ability to walk (right leg gets weak - nerves), pain so bad I end up on the floor screaming. I had an ultrasound done to see if maybe the positioning was off but the doctor says it's in the right position.

I'm more upset about the fact this failed then I am about the pain. This was the perfect solution for me and it loving sucks that I can't handle what it's doing.

Back to the drawing board. :smith:

• Locked thread