Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I've been on the NuvaRing for almost 3 years now and despite the $40 a month I pay I swear by it. This past year I've been going a full 4 weeks on it along with skipping periods (there's enough hormone in the ring to last a full month). My doctor recommended this to me to 1. save money and 2. no periods yay! Of course if you go past the 4 weeks use a back-up method. Please ask your doctor before you do what I did. I've also recently found I need to have a period at least 4x a year or I get horrible cramps.

I'm a very forgetful person so it's easier for me to stick one day on my calendar to go to the pharmacy. It's funny when guys are like "What's that in your vagina?" and I'm all "That's my birth control now have sex with me. :smug:" Any guy I've had sex with has never felt it with intercourse, and it's really great reassurance for your partner. No "Did you take your pill questions".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Kerfuffle posted:

Seriously check out the $15 off coupon in the OP.

Yea I saw that. Maybe now I can get back on it since I stopped for money reasons. I wouldn't have known without you guys.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Kerfuffle posted:

If money is an issue seriously go to PP or something, you'll get it for a lot less than $25 I'm sure.

What horrible insurance you have though, jesus. Mine is $25 with insurance and that is still entirely too much for monthly birth control.

fake edit: I have too many posts :qq:

real edit: Lie about having insurance if you go to PP, you won't get in trouble or anything, and paying $40 a pop for it you may as well not have any.

I would go to PP if my conservative father wouldn't see the statement on his health insurance statement that I went to PP. Last time I went all hell broke loose because they kill babies or something.

Lying is probably the best. Do they honor prescriptions from other gynos?

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 22, 2011

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Ok thanks guys! I'll call for an appointment Monday morning.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Apparently I have a cheaper co-pay this year on the Ring and with the coupon it came to only 10 dollars. I jumped up in down in front of the pharmacist. Thank you thread you saved me $15.

• Locked thread