Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...
IUD experience question!

I'm halfway through my second Mirena. I haven't had a period or PMS symptoms with it, but lately I've been getting what feels like menstrual cramps. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it something I should bring up to my doc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...

Geolicious posted:

I had cramps all the time on Mirena, with the worst ones being around my "period". I chalked it up to my brain going through all the period motions but my uterus not having any lining to get rid of.

For the first few years I had what I called a "fake period" where I got all of the emotional PMS symptoms (which I never had before) and some light discharge. I got ovarian cysts at first, but they have become less frequent. This doesn't feel like the cyst pain, though. Weird that I am just now getting cramps after 7.5 years without!

• Locked thread