Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me out with this since I am kind of too dumb to work through it myself.

In a couple weeks I'll be going to study abroad in China and I am wondering how to properly move my pill-taking (loestrin 24 fe) schedule. (I know there's an FAQ about time-zones but considering how different they are I was wondering if someone can help me out.)

Currently I take my pill at 12pm every day. China is 13 hours ahead so obviously taking the pill at 1am there is not going to work out. Anyway I leave at around 10am for China and get there at 3pm their time (technically the next day) so I am wondering when I should take the pill (while flying? when I get there?) and how to smoothly move it over to 12pm there without losing effectiveness (because, uhh, my boyfriend will be there too and we will probably gently caress, so that would be bad).

Hopefully that made sense and someone who is good with time and numbers and stuff can help me out. Thanks in advance. :ohdear:

e: oh and I am currently in EST if that helps any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Oops... my placebo week was last week and I'm on day 4 of week one this month. In any case if moving my time an hour or so each day will still keep it effective then I will go for that. I'm pretty much perfect use otherwise thanks to cellphone alarms and all that and the most I've ever missed by is maybe 15 minutes.

I'm leaving in a bit under two weeks (12 days?) so I could just move it an hour forward each day until I hit 11pm maybe? That would translate to 12pm once I'm in China. I'll start moving the time on this tomorrow then. Thanks for the advice. :)

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Can illness cause BC periods to be late? I'm assuming so. I got a severe throat infection (and fever among other symptoms) starting saturday and getting really bad sunday. My non-active BC days are sunday through wednesday, and usually I start having my period around tuesday noon. It's now wednesday and there's no sign of anything, but I'm still sick, and I was awake for literally over two days because I couldn't get ANY sleep, and I'm guessing all of this combined has probably thrown my body off a bit?

• Locked thread