Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Went to my gyno today to ask about getting an IUD because I won't have insurance after the end of the month and she told me that because I haven't had kids it would be too painful and I shouldn't even consider it. Is this bullshit because it sounds like some bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Okay, thanks. It seemed like a pretty ridiculous thing for a doctor to say.

I haven't decided for sure to get one yet because my primary concern is stopping periods, not actual birth control. Guess it's time to bite the bullet and drive an hour to the nearest Planned Parenthood so someone will actually talk to me about it.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Ughhh I feel your pain, VoidBurger (also hi I love your youtube videos). Got my IUD in yesterday and it was an ordeal. The actual pain (though Real Bad) was pretty short-lived and I was surprised how quickly it receded down to tolerable levels once the thing was actually in. My main problem is that I have an unusually strong vasovagal response so I passed out during the procedure and then had to spend two loving hours lying down in the recovery room before I could stand up without blacking out. So that was fun.

On the plus side, it was a first visit to a Planned Parenthood ever and holy poo poo they are wonderful. Easily the nicest doctor I've ever had, and everyone was so friendly and compassionate it was unreal. Like I'm still sort of in awe of how great the staff was.

I don't think I'll get another IUD when this one runs out but I'm glad I'm safe from Cheetoh Hitler at least. (I got a Liletta, which is FDA approved for 3 years but my doc told me it's actually been shown to be effective for 7, which is neat)

• Locked thread