Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holden Rodeo
Apr 2, 2008
Holy balls, that OP is comprehensive.

Morning-after pill trip report, two months afterward: Got it in November for $45 NZD. Bought a cold bottle of juice, sat down in a public park, took out the pill (it was just one) and thought, "Here goes." I felt fine the day of, but was warned of nausea and picked up candied ginger just in case. Luckily it went down just fine, I was more queasy going into the pharmacy than I was after taking it.

My first period afterward came two days early and was considerably lighter and shorter, but still obviously a period. Goddamn it came with killer PMS leading up to it though, I got the worst mood swings. My next period came a full week late (:aaa:) and came in heavy, but otherwise normal. Now it all seems to have leveled out more - still a bit early, but not as strong or light as before. Yay.

I'm just posting this because when I was freaking the gently caress out and searching for anecdotes online I would have liked to see how it worked out for people several weeks down the road, what kind of lasting effect it might have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holden Rodeo
Apr 2, 2008
Hi, bc thread. I'm coming up on one year with my copper IUD, the Multiload (:haw:) and I wish I'd gotten one ages ago! The first few periods were rough, made me feel like I was tending after Dexter's kill room, but it calmed the hell down after six months or so. I swear my cramps have actually lessened. The total amount of bleeding is about the same as it was before, but with 2-3 days of augh gushing and the rest as spotting, rather than a more even distribution over 7 days.

Just wanted to join the chorus of pro-IUD voices, is all. I like not worrying about hormones and I REALLY LIKE having my period announce itself, but that's just my experience and others' good experiences with the Mirena are important too.

e: Mirena is government-subsidised in Australia and Multiload is not, although it was still only $150 out of pocket for me.

Holden Rodeo fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 2, 2013

• Locked thread