Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little tea pot
May 1, 2008
I've been on Nuvaring for... six? months, and I love it! I am terrible at remembering to take pills and they make me sick anyway, so this is the best option for me at the moment (until I have enough saved for Mirena but that's another post).

My question is this: I have slight cramps everyday. Not all day, and they aren't bad, but they are noticable. I asked my doctor and she said she's never heard of anyone having cramps all the time on Nuvaring, but I had read online and in the package that it is a documented side affect. Ok, so that wasn't a question, but this is- Is this any way normal? Am I dying?

I really do love the ring except for this little side affect!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little tea pot
May 1, 2008
I asked this of you guys a couple of months ago, but since no one knew then what to do about it, I'll ask again.

I have been on the ring for about 10 months now. I love it (though I'm saving up for an IUD). The only problem I have is the cramps. Many times a day (and night) I'm experiencing quick, sharp, (what I believe are) uterine cramps. Say 10-30 times a day. They last about 20 seconds each and are worse the week before I take out the ring.

I know they are from the ring since they stop while the ring is out. The little cramps stop during the week it's out, though of course they could just be morphing into the regular ole big menstrual cramps. Which by the way are still terrible. Though the bleeding is a lot less. Once, about six months ago I kept thinking "Man, it's nice my body is getting used to this thing! The cramps are gone!" Turns out it'd fallen out about three days before

Anyway, my question is this: is this ok? I asked my dr. and she said she hadn't heard of this symptom (though it's listed on the box as a mild effect) and that I should be fine. Will I be fine? The ring works, as I am still without babies. I just would rather not have to take an IB Profrin (just one) every six or so hours.

• Locked thread