Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Lackadaisical posted:

I can't keep popping vicodin and they don't seem to make those heating pads that stick to your undies anymore....

Where are you located? I usually have to deal with getting the Thermacare pads that are made for the neck/shoulders, they still [kinda] fit, just a little wider and they're only sticky on the ends, but it's worth it for the cramp relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

ann disaster posted:

Okay, question. I've got an appointment for Wednesday with my friendly neighborhood Planned Parenthood to start birth control for the very first time, because I'm in a relationship and we both like sex a lot and both hate condoms even more. Will starting the pill in the middle of my cycle throw my period off? It would be awesome if it did, because I'm due to start the day after the boy gets here to visit for the first time in three months, but this might be wishful thinking.

I started my first pack about a week and a half before I was due to get my next period and I ended up spotting for a bit around the time I would have had my normal non-pill period and then getting another light one when it was my no-pill week. The next couple of months I went from spotting to a light period to no period at all then a week and a half long period the next month. I think it's finally starting to even itself out (I started back in the beginning of October). I'm sure it will vary from person to person, depending on how your body reacts to the hormones, though, so this is all anecdotal.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

ann disaster posted:

How soon after starting the pill should I be expecting nasty side effects to kick in? Because I've been on Micronor for a week and if anything, my skin is clearer and my sex drive is higher than it's ever been. Is this confirmation bias, or what? I feel hungry more often than normal, but I can pretty much regulate what I put in my mouth so I'm not too worried about ridiculous weight gain.

Is the other shoe going to drop soon? :ohdear:

All I can say is that I started Microgestin back in October and I guess got lucky and had none of the negative side effects. Though I'm thinking of going off it for Implanon soon, I just hope I get lucky again in regards to side effects. I just hate how expensive not having babies is.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

I just tried to see if Implanon is covered at all by my insurance and lucky me, my coverage was terminated. Now I have to hope that it's because of a late payment and not because of the fact that I wasn't a full time student for a few weeks.
Does anyone know if clinics that offer BC on a sliding scale do Implanon or have any tips on getting it and not having to pay out the rear end?
I'm on Microgestin and my last refill is coming up and instead of getting a full year I'd rather switch to something I don't have to worry about every day. Plus I'm already paying all that I can for this stupid pill, though it's worth it for no babies, of course.

I will be going to the Health Center at school in the next week or so (that's where I got my first prescription and the NP told me all my options) but asking here couldn't hurt.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Lackadaisical posted:

On that note, does anyone know if they even still make those stick on heating pads? They used to be life savers when I had horrible cramps and now I can't find them anywhere. :(

I may have said it before, but if you can find the thermacare upper back/shoulder pads they are usually about the right size to fit in underwear. They get a little awkward and you have to stick them a bit weird but they totally work.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Lackadaisical posted:

I guess the big question is how do I help minimize it? I'm afraid to eat food for 1/4th of the month. When I'm home, a heating pad helps but I'm not sure what to do for days when I'm supposed to be on campus for 9 hours.

Get something like ThermaCare pads, you stick them to your underwear and it works wonders. I haven't seen the menstrual cramps ones in a while, but the neck/shoulder ones are a bit bigger but fit well enough to get the job done.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Went in for my Implanon consultation today, I should be hearing back within the next 2 weeks about insurance/test results and hopefully can get it done during my next pill placebo week. I'm a little nervous about the random spontaneous bleeding that I have been warned against, but I am going to give it a go. Plus it's covered by insurance hopefully, which is much better than $30/month on the pill.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Wastebasket posted:

I recently started on a POP BC pill. I normally have a cycle like clockwork, but I am about a week late. I am currently on the 4th pill of my second pack. I have used it perfectly, always taking the pill within 5 minutes of my normal time (10 PM). I am pretty much scared to death that I am pregnant, and honestly am dreading taking a pregnancy test.

My question is has anyone experienced these kind of side effects with POP birth control? I wasn't told about a cessation of my period when PP got me started. I am really freaking out. I know I should just bite the bullet and get the drat pregnancy test, but being pregnant right now would be just about the worst thing ever.

Edit: I also wanted to add that I did research and they do list it as a side effect, but it seemed to be rare based on their wording.

When I first started I skipped my second period and it freaked me right the gently caress out, but then I learned that for a lot of people the first few months are not regular at all because their bodies are still getting used to it. Also freaking out about it doesn't help, apparently. Most likely it's just your body saying "wtf is going on here", but get a test if you're nervous.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

I'm just glad everyone keeps posting about how amazing Implanon is, even with crazy random bleeding. I just had to deal with insurance and the Drs office and I like hearing that all the panic and crazy it's causing me will be worth it in the end, especially because I am in school with an extremely part time job that means giving up basically 1/4 of my income to pay for the pill.

This is just driving me up a wall and whenever I get frustrated I'll read this thread, so thanks everyone.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

miss_chaos posted:

Yip, I skipped my placebo pills on advice by a doctor (low iron). Sigh. Looks like I can't skip placebos like I did when I was a teenager. I'm not on a triphasic (Levlen) but mostly I'm concerned that this might indicate the pills haven't worked and I might not be protected contraceptively. Maybe it's because I'm heavier than I was as a teenager? Ugh. I wish the implant was subsidised.

I'm probably going to be changing pills anyway at my next appointment, this one has made my skin blow up with acne since I went back on it. Stupid aging changing your hormones.

The first 4 months or so my period was so hosed up it was ridiculous. Early by 4 days the first month, nonexistent the second month, like a day early month 3. As others have said, give it a couple of months to get settled before you think about switching, your body isn't used to it and the side effects may subside soon.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Finally got all my insurance bullshit worked out and got a call back from the Drs office, I officially have an appointment to get Implanon a week from day. I'm so excited, thanks to you guys.
Is there anything I should know about the insertion or anything I should make sure to ask the Dr? I spoke to her for a bit during my consultation, I think I got it all covered, but you never know.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Lanthanum posted:

Am I the only one where PP said it doesnt matter when its inserted? I got mine put in a week after my period ended

Nope, I'm getting mine put in tomorrow, almost right in the middle of my pill pack, a week or so after my "period" ended. I just grabbed the first appt my dr had after she said it doesn't matter when I get it done.
Edit: just read the post above mine and I guess it's a pill thing, so nvm.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

PS I'm getting mine redone :toot: I'm so glad this wasn't my first one or I would've thought it was supposed to hurt like crazy! It's not. Don't leave until it feels like the example they show you!

I sure won't, though I know that's a general statement. It's actually thanks to your post that I realized I should probably pay attention to that.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Just got back from my Implanon appointment, everything went great but I have a question that I got conflicting information about. The doctor asked when my last period was and when I started my most recent pack of BC and said I could stop taking it today, but the information packet from the actual device says to continue using a back up method for 7 days after getting it inserted. I was planning on just finishing the pack of pills I have now (2 weeks of pills left, I started my new pack a week ago, today), to try and hold off the irregular bleeding I know to probably expect. So, I have 3 options, finish the pack, take just the next 7 days of pills, or stop cold turkey and don't take my pill tonight.
What should I do? Does it matter? If I need to use a backup method for 7 days can I just take the other 7 days I'll have left? Will I die of a terrible hormone overdose and my obituary will read "too much birth control, she really didn't want babies"?
Thanks.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

keseph posted:

You should never double up on BCs unless you've got some extremely clear instructions from a doctor to do so. The implant should be taking the place of the pills you normally take, so you are probably fine immediately, but backup methods are probably not a bad idea any time you're switching BCs.

Thanks, I just got nervous seeing as the Dr said one thing and the implant instructions said another. Right now I'm leaning towards following the instructions that say use a backup method for 7 days, but if anyone else has anything to say, please do.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Reformed Tomboy posted:

Stop taking your pills. Back-up method doesn't mean take extra hormones, it means to use non-hormonal back ups like condoms.

If you are covered or not depends on the type of pill you swapped from. When changing from combination pills you have to insert it at the end up the pack during the placebo week to be covered. For progestin-only pills, anytime you insert it will leave you covered. Since when you swapped you were already into your new pack, use a back up method for a week (unless you were on a progestin-only pill of course).

Thanks for that explanation, I was on a combo pill, so back up method it is. Another question for you awesome knowledgeable people, last night I saw the bf and he came in me. I know sperm can possibly live for up to five days inside the body, does that change how I should be dealing with this? Condoms will be used when I see him next until the 7 days are up, I'm just worried that the "gap" in hormonal protection will not be great.
Hope it's not a stupid question, I wasn't even supposed to see him until Saturday so it wouldn't have been an issue and I didn't even think about it until after she told me to stop the pill.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

AbandonShip posted:

Hi girls. Just have a quick inquiry- is anyone else here familiar with Lo Loestrin Fe? I started on Nuvaring back in December since I was becoming sexually active again, but it made me tired, bitchy, all of those negative side effects and what not. So, my doctor gave me Lo Loestrin... it seems like it's pretty new on the market. Anyways, I'm on my 2nd pack, 2nd week and my period was nowhere to be found. Are missed periods normal on this type of pill? I'm not sure how I feel about it, so I might change to one that gives me a regular period. I guess i'll have to take a pregnancy test just to be sure.. but, not having a period is much more unsettling than I thought it'd be!

Missing periods are incredibly common, especially in the first few months of a new pill, at least from what I've gathered from this thread. When I started on the pill I got my period right at the end of my first placebo week and then didn't get it for another 7 weeks, which freaked me out until I read this thread and everyone confirmed that it's a known side effect. Plus my stressing about it definitely wasn't helping on the missing period front.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

This is what the Right needs to think about when they say they want to stop abortions. I know plenty of people who had to choose between eating for the month or buying their pill and I'm pretty sure they all chose eating.

Price was 100% the reason I switched from my pill to Implanon, though I'm getting ready for a fight with the insurance company over that.

I can't wait for this to go into effect, every day I read about states closing PlannedParenthoods and heartbeat laws and law suits about NY equality, this is a tiny glimmer of hope in the cloud of poo poo that we get every day.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Kerfuffle posted:

Call and ask, I honestly can't imagine them saying no. Guys go with their partners for a lot of pregnancy related exams, why not just a gynecological visit? My SO used go to my GP with me when I was getting HPV shots because I was deathly afraid of needles, all he asked was that I was ok with him hearing anything that was said.

I brought my mom with me when I got my Implanon inserted because I wanted moral support. The only time they even mentioned her was to ask if she wanted a chair.
And when I was there a few couples went into rooms together, I think they're used to that.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Kerfuffle posted:

Ha I wish, but that doesn't start at all until next August. But no one seems to be sure if you'll need a new policy after that or not to be eligible for it.

"This preventive services provision applies to people enrolled in job-related health plans or individual health insurance policies created after March 23, 2010. If you are in such a health plan, this provision will affect you as soon as your plan begins its first new “plan year” or “policy year” on or after September 23, 2010."

From the information on the new provisions on http://www.healthcare.gov/law/provisions/preventive/index.html

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

MsJoelBoxer posted:

This thread has been very enlightening.

I recently found a PP clinic that I am very comfortable with and they discussed some BC options with me. The pill is not ideal due to the fact that I have had gastric bypass and have had some malabsorption problems (I was on IV iron for a year because I couldn't get enough iron from food or pills). I was also forewarned that one of the medications I am on has a history of making BC pills less effective.

The options that they said were most ideal for my situation were either Implanon or an IUD. I am hesitant to move forward with an IUD for what might be a silly reason. I tense up so much at the gynecologist during regular exams and worry that it would make insertion difficult. On the other hand, the idea of not worrying about pregnancy for the next five years would be nice. Take a deep breath and deal with it or go for the less invasive Implanon?

The last few pages of painful IUD stories are freaking me out a little.

Implanon gives you 3 years if protection, so if that extra 2 years isn't a big deal it might be best. But one of the side effects is unpredictable bleeding, which sucks when I get my ?period? every other weekend for two months and then not get it for a month and a half. It's difficult to keep track of and has led to an embarrassing situation or two. I just hope I'm one of the lucky ones who lose it in the next few months.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Kerfuffle posted:

Insurance covering or not cover isn't based on logic, it's based on "gently caress you".

I learned that quite well recently. I am gearing up for a long weekend of phone calls with my insurance company because I just got a bill from the Dr for something I was assured was covered. Apparently when they say "Implanon is covered as long as it's preapproved" they mean "We'll cover everything but the actual Implanon, have fun paying for the most expensive part!"

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Budget Bears posted:

What can you guys tell me about your experiences with the depo shot? I just now started having sex again after not having regular sex for around 7 or 8 months, so I need to get back on birth control.

I used to be on the patch, but it made me constantly nauseous. :(

I can't remember to take a pill and I'm too squeamish for an IUD. I like that the depo shot lasts for three months, it seems relatively low-hassle and from what I've read it's about as effective as my previous birth control.

Have any of you ladies had bad experiences with the shot? lovely side effects, etc?

Maybe look into Implanon as an option?
I can't tell you anything about Depo but when I was looking at non-pill options the implant was perfect for me, though I could live without the "irregular bleeding". Now I kind of wish I got an IUD but it might be my next method when my 3 years on the implant are up.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Bagleworm posted:

I've relied on "just" my IUD for almost four years now, and I'm completely comfortable with that. My boyfriend and I know what we will do if I do somehow end up pregnant (while the chances are extremely small, no contraception is 100% effective), and having a plan really helps any anxiety I might feel.

That might not help you decide, but no one can tell you if you should or shouldn't - that depends on your comfort level (and your girlfriend's, obviously) and current situation.

I have never used a backup method with the bf, I was on the pill for the first bit of our relationship and got Implanon back in April and that's all we used (except pulling out for the short time I was on antibiotics for a UTI), but this was after we had a nice long talk about what we would do if the birth control failed and only after we agreed on what would happen were we able to continue, though that's a conversation that should happen anyway, no matter that birth control method[s].
Just adding this as another "If you're comfortable with it, go ahead and enjoy"

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

nixar55 posted:

I'm freaking out here. I got home from my pharmacy and found Junel in my bag instead of Microgestin. I immediately called and the pharmacist (male) was super nasty and said Microgestin has been on back order since November and Junel is the same exact thing. I've never switched pills before and everything was okay on Microgestin, which I've taken for 5 years. Now I'm terrified to try a new pill and get side effects, which I didn't have before. Of course Googling the two drugs leads to all of these other forums with unhappy, acne-ridden, balding women. You guys are more measured in responses.

Has anyone had issue with back ordered pills? Will my pharmacy switch me back when the drug is back in stock? Any one else go from Microgestin to Junel? Should I ask my doc for Loestrin, even though it's more expensive? I've just never heard of this pill before ever.

Honestly, I'm in a long distance relationship and wondering if I just shouldn't stop taking birth control entirely and avoid the whole switching issue. The only benefit of the pill, aside from preventing pregnancy, is I can schedule my periods so that they don't come when he's in town.

ETA: Of course I will call my doctor about this, too. Wish it holiday weekend though.

I had to do that exact switch for they exact reason back in January or February of last year, no side effects, but that's anecdotal of course. It sucks they didn't tell you, when I did it they asked if I wanted to call around before they filled it for me, and I did but no one had any.
You should be fine. Don't stop taking it, especially if you plan on staying on the pill, if you stop you might not get lucky when you start again, side effects-wise

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Tigntink posted:

How do you have sex if its that sensitive? Unless it's weird that my fiancee smacks the poo poo of of my cervix when we have sex.

Mine's not that sensitive but I've never had it hit during sex with any partner, it's just not in range, I guess.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Geolicious posted:

I think it's totally OK to whine about basic loving healthcare being so damned expensive.

Then I don't feel bad about whining about the loving ridiculous time I've been having to get my insurance company to pay for my Implanon. I called before making the appointment to make sure it's covered, months later I get a bill from the Drs office saying I owed $680, the exact cost of the implant, minus my $20 copay. The insurance company decided to cover everything but the device itself. I wrote them a letter to appeal the decision after talking with a few different people, and they got it but haven't said anything either way yet. I was told they'd have a decision in 30 days and it's been almost 2 months I think. It's gonna suck if they decide not to cover it and I'm SOL because I just graduated and have no real job prospects right now.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Eggplant Wizard posted:

:gonk:

More like

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Lanthanum posted:

I'm sure this is nothing to be alarmed about, but I'm just wondering why this happened. I've been on the pill for a few months now, and in the past I've gotten cramps on the off week, as well as a period. This time though, I have no cramps at all, and my period came a day later than normal. It's usually been the same for every single cycle, and suddenly it has changed! What happened?

Its worth noting I have lost a couple pounds, but it's nothing significant. (125 down to 120) That's the only thing I can think of thats changed within the last month

When I was on the pill my first few months were like that and then maybe the 4th month or so I just didn't get my period at all on my placebo week. No warning, no spotting, just no period at all.
Hormones are weird, I wouldn't worry about it coming a day late

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

uberwekkness posted:

drat. My pills must have been taking care of acne stuff. I've been breaking out the past few days. Hopefully this is just "new birth control" stuff, and it'll go away soon. :(

I think that might have happened with me, too.
I've always had semi-bad skin, but recently it started clearing up. I thought "Yeah, I'm an adult, goodbye terrible skin!" but nope, after switching from the pill to Implanon I'm back to breaking out. It's not as bad as it used to be, but every so often I'll get a big one in a really obvious spot on my face and just be embarrassed for days until it goes away. Hopefully my new skin care regimen will help.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Bagleworm posted:

I use Ovuview on Android, and I really like it. there's a free version and a paid version. The free version tracks the same data, but it doesn't let you see some of it. The paid version also has a widget! (My boyfriend is a data addict, and he bought the paid version, while I use the free version on my phone.)

It takes all previous cycles into account when predicting both your ovulation and your period. You can even select to exclude certain cycles, if your body freaked out one month for no reason. If you're tracking other things like cervical mucous/discharge, cervix position, and basal temperature, it takes those into account too! It uses a combination of different methods, depending what info you give it. It's very comprehensive, easy to use, and it's also quite pretty to look at!

I use My Days on Android but I just might switch to this one. Though I only use it to remind myself when my last period was as, thanks to Implanon, irregular bleeding is my destiny.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

gabi posted:

Warning! Incoming stressed out word vomit!

Yet another Implanon anecdote. I actually made my mom come with me to the insertion because I was nervous and I wanted her to hold my hand. Didn't end up needing her there at all, she sat in the corner while the Dr. numbed my arm, cut a little slit and inserted the implant. The worst part was the numbing and that was no more than a pinch. And the wrapping of it after, but only because she did it way too tight and had to redo it so I could use my arm comfortably.

Hopefully you'll be fine if you do what I (and obviously so many other people in this thread) did and don't watch the insertion. I didn't even realize it started before she was wrapping my arm up.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

Where do you guys live who had Implanon inserted via slits? I thought the norm was to use a big needle (with Implanon inside the barrel) to puncture and insert, then withdraw the needle and leave the implant behind. Doctors have to be trained before they can insert Implanon, so I figured it would be a standardized procedure.

Honestly, mine probably was with a needle, I do remember there was a big one involved, but I didn't really pay much attention to what happened after I sat down. I didn't really look down that much in those ten minutes. I am obviously very susceptible to suggestion, I'd make a terrible eye witness.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

There are a number of other progesterone-only methods of birth control besides Implanon. That said, I have Implanon and I love it; click the ? under my name for my other posts itt. As long as you can feel that it's in your arm after insertion, you're fine. Iirc, the trouble was that sometimes it would fall on the floor and nobody would realize :psyduck: As long as it's in there, you should be very well protected.

Same here, pretty sure almost all my posts in this thread are about Implanon.

I also heard it was just that it wasn't inserted into the needle properly and never unwrapped/inserted at all.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Candygram posted:

So it has been four months since my Implanon has been inserted.

I had a period right away, then no period for 6 weeks, then a normal period every 3 weeks, and now I am having a 2 day period about once every week or two. The irregular bleeding is still a fair tradeoff for the peace of mind. When have you other Implanon users experienced some regularity?

My main problem is this though. For the last couple of days the implant has been itching and driving me insane. It has not moved at all and looks fine, so why the irritation? Anyone have this problem? It hasn't itched for the last four months until now.

I've had mine a little over a year and I'm still totally irregular. I started using a period tracker for no reason other than to go "Oh, so that's when I had it last"

And the itching is weird, I didn't have any itching after the initial healing period.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

fork bomb posted:

I never had mood swings with Implanon. It's been way more stable than Depo or the pill for me.

I wish I could say that. I've had Implanon for almost two years and the mood swings haven't stopped. There's no way I'm sticking with it when my time is up. It's totally worth it to not have to think about it on the daily but the crying at anything is seriously stressful.

I'm actually thinking about making an appointment to talk about Paragard. I was waiting time my health insurance kicked in and it finally did. I just want to get away from hormones for a while.
Plus the period whenever and for however long it feels like is also driving me a little batty.

I had such high hopes for you, Implanon.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

It does make it easier for me to tear up, though. I used to only cry when something was really upsetting, and now a Hallmark commercial will do it (that drat "tell me you love me" Christmas one). I'm not more upset than I would've been before, there are just suddenly tears appearing. :iiam:

That's defiantly how it is for me, I can cry at the drop of a hat. I feel the same as when I'm not crying, but it sucks because people think I'm upset and saying "hormones" just freaks everyone out.

It sucks for my boyfriend, I keep telling him I'm not upset or sad or mad or anything but I can tell that he's getting frustrated with how easily I cry.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

Can you still think/talk normally and everything? My then-boyfriend was concerned before I figured out what was going on, but eventually I wound up being like "I'm not upset, just ignore this bullshit water on my face" and it was fine. I think he just had to realize that instead of being upset, I was just exasperated by the bullshit water, too.

Yeah, that's not the problem really. It's just that I'm stressed right now otherwise so a mix of that with crying at everything makes it hard to explain why 'yes, I'm upset, but this wouldn't make me cry usually, so it's not as big a deal as it seems I'm making it'

He's been more understanding after we starting talking more in general, so that's good.

I'm just excited to be off hormones for a while.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

All these posts about Paragard have convinced me that that's what I'm switching to when I get my Implanon out. I think I need to give hormones a break for a while. I'm going to make an appointment next month as that's when I'll have a bit more a buffer of PTO days.

Not knowing if I'll cry when something even remotely unpleasant happens (or happy too, I was like Kristen Bell with the sloth) is worth the trade off, if my prehormones cramps are anything to go by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Reformed Tomboy posted:

I got a card that stated I had an Implanon and how to find it to put in my wallet. They even specifically told me to keep it on me at all times, for emergencies. It was really nice too, like a credit card, not some laminated paper bs. Did you guys not get one too? I wonder if I still have it somewhere..

Nope, no one at my Dr's office mentioned anything like that. I wish I could get one, though I really don't know how much longer I'm going to keep this thing around. All this IUD talk is making me research my options more seriously.

• Locked thread