Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

Lady Xava posted:

A question for those of you who had your IUD expel. What did the end feel like? I was up in there checking things out and this time I felt the tip of my finger get poked. I'm not sure if I've ever felt the strings before. It doesn't feel very thick but does give some resistance. Of course its late at night here so going to the Doctor is out until after work tomorrow. No cramps or anything. Worried I might have caused it using my diva cup today :ohdear: Really hoping its just my cervix moving into a pokey string position... ARGH Now I get worry about while I'm working tomorrow.

Edit: I should note that I don't feel anything string like around the pokey bit. I'm assuming if it was the end of the mirena I would also feel strings?

From this very thread I've read that there's cramping and then it's expelled, as well as the calm 'went to the washroom and there it was in the bowl'. So I think it's individual. Though I've also heard a lot about the stings themselves feeling 'pokey'. How long have you had it for? If the doctor cut your strings short they can feel pokey like that for a few months until they soften up. Apparently the Mirena more so than the Paraguard.
Definitely doesn't hurt to make a Dr's appointment if you're concerned though. And no sexin' until you figure it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

GabrielAisling posted:

Actually, I'm mostly nervous about dealing with the clinic staff. They weren't very nice last week. The nurse was great, but the office girls were rude. And I'd decided on Implanon at the office, got the information for both, but my insurance doesn't know if they cover the implant, so Mirena it is. My uterus also hates me and wants me to die after several days of intense misery. I'm worried about the cramps it'll subject me to if I stick it with a piece of plastic instead of a baby.

I have two children. The Mirena hurts way less. It's honestly "Hmm not cool...ouch..ow... OW!" and done. Then after one week it's no worries about babies for years. Sooooo good.

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

GabrielAisling posted:

I'm about 11 hours into Mirena and the cramping has calmed down pretty much entirely. Just the occasional strong one. Stick-on heating pads are awesome, and the worst part was definitely the first few hours. After I started moving around again and took a second dose of ibuprofen, things started lightening up and feeling better.

Yep it's pretty much a mild cramp here and there from here on out. Your first period or two may be a return to loving your ibuprofen for a day or so but not as bad as the initial cramping.

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

jai Mundi posted:

I've had paragard for 18 months, and my periods seem to get heavier and heavier, now firmly in the murder-pants stage. And, they seem to come during vacation or traveling. It's really pissing me off. I picked the paragard because it was hormone-free. I was previously on the pill, and over time, it really effected my sex drive. Other than the stupid-heavy periods, I like the paragard.

I'm approved to switch to mirena. I'm wondering if any ladies have made the switch and can tell me about having no period, and keeping their sex drive? Hopefully?

This was me but to a very bad degree. (My body did not agree with the copper, which is a rare reaction) I had chosen the Paraguard because I too wanted hormone free and the pill was effecting my sex drive once I got into my 30's. I now have the Mirena and it's not like the pill at all for me. Not only are my periods lessened but my sex drive is still the same as with the Paraguard. I've had mine for 6 months now. Some months it's a moderate to light period, some months it's just spotting.
edit: I'm in Canada and for every IUD insertion there is a pregnancy and full STD test done beforehand.

• Locked thread