Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death Bear
Apr 1, 2010

Bagleworm posted:

Aurgh, ladies, I'm getting annoyed. After every period now it seems like I get a yeast infection. I know this is the BC megathread, but lots of women read this and I was wondering if any of you know what I can do to prevent it? I've tried changing or eliminating all the usual culprits - soap, scented pads/liners, tampons, diva cup - but to no avail. If I went to the doctor is there a pill or cream or something I could get to keep it at bay?
I had something like this last year. Get a baby medicine eyedropper and a cup of plain yogurt. Make sure it has lactobacillus acidophilus, since this is the lovely bacteria that takes care of everything. Insert a dropperful into your vagina before bedtime, and put a pantiliner on so you don't wake up with yogurt all over your pants. Alternatively, you could also dip a tampon into the yogurt and insert like normal then throw it away in the morning, but the other method is cheaper and less wasteful. This worked wonderfully for me after about five days, but I also ate yogurt with my breakfast in the morning. (Edit: Also forgot about acidophilus pills, you can either take them by mouth or insert them up there... I just took two in the morning with my breakfast. They're a good preventative measure.)

I have a small question myself. I'm on Loestrin and almost always take my pill on time, however I somehow missed a pill about three weeks ago and was a day off. When I realized that I was taking the previous day's pill sometime later that week, I took two that day. But the damage was done and I started spotting since I usually stack my pills to avoid periods. I usually don't have spotting from that, but missing a pill after about 3+ months of stacking has kept me spotting for three weeks now. :ohdear: Should I go to the doctor? I've only had this happen once before, the only other time I've missed a pill, and it stopped after a week or so.

Death Bear fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bear
Apr 1, 2010

DRP Solved! posted:

I wouldn't recommend doing this as clinical trials have shown that this does not help prevent yeast infections.
Oh, I missed the yeast infection part. :saddowns: It helped great with uncomfortable itchiness, but definitely something stronger is needed for yeast infections.

• Locked thread