Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lemonsaresour
Feb 17, 2011
I had my first ever pelvic exam today. I decided to make an appointment to talk to a doctor about my severe PMS symptoms. The doctor was less concerned with the severity of my symptoms and more worried about me being a (according to her) very heavy bleeder. She prescribed me Loestrin 24Fe. I'm excited to get started and see if this will help me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonsaresour
Feb 17, 2011
Does anyone know what "starting method" is better in terms of side effects? I was thinking about doing day-1 method so that I wouldn't have to use a separate birthcontrol method for a week, but only if it doesn't increase the starting side effects. My other option is Sunday start.

lemonsaresour
Feb 17, 2011
I switched pill brands a few months ago from Loestrin 24 fe to ortho tricyclin lo. Around the time that I switched I started experiencing crippling anxiety. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a possible side effect or if anyone has had experience with this?

Of course there is the more likely scenario that recent events in my life have triggered the anxiety and its just a coincidence that I started a new pill around that time. It would be good news if it were just the pill though. I have already scheduled an appointment to talk with my doctor but she won't be able to see me for a week for various reasons.

lemonsaresour
Feb 17, 2011
When I was on Loestrin I was very depressed and had no sex drive at all. We waited 6 months before switching and I only convinced her to switch when I started bleeding through.

I knew to expect a different set of side effects but this anxiety snuck up on me. I'm hesitant to say its definitely the pill as I've always had a low level of anxiety but it's so much worse now. I have to struggle to open my email because I'm anxious I might have missed something important.

I have a feeling she's just going to throw an anti-anxiety or antidepressant at me.

• Locked thread