Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
If I want to get on birth control, but don't know the effects that hormonal BC will have on my body, but also can't remember to take a pill to save my life, and refuse to have anything cross the threshold of my cervix, what sounds like a better option?

- Get the Implanon thingy in my arm not knowing if I'll hate it or not
- Just try really hard to take pills on time despite having ADHD-memory

The story goes that I exist because my mom didn't take her pill at the same time every day, so it's a big deal to me. I guess there's also Nuvaring, but I don't like to store foreign objects in my vagina for too long. I don't even use tampons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan

Scudworth posted:

Could you remember to do something weekly? The patch is the next self-removable longer term option if the ring it out for you.

That actually sounds pretty feasible, thanks.

vaguely posted:

oestrogen-containing pills are a bit more flexible than they used to be in that if you usually take it in the morning but forget and end up taking it in the evening you'll be fine, so if you can remember enough to take a pill at some point during the day you can still go for them
they're a no-go if you have migraines with an aura though because of increased stroke risk, worth mentioning because a lot of people don't know about this

Yeah I had heard about the stroke thing and I think I'm starting to get the sort of migraines that my mom has, so maybe another reason to not do the pill, just in case

quote:

Implanon could be an option, since if you hate it you can just get it taken out and you'll be fine in a week or two, and any side effects will be much milder than you'd get on the injection

Yeah being able to just get it taken out kinda eliminates the risk, and it just sounds so easy to get and not worry about.

• Locked thread