Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
Please do not "extend" your placebo week, as this makes you not protected. Take one pill every day. Period. And you'll remain safe.

As to your missing or late periods, that's normal. You don't magically get your period on the first placebo pill day, it takes a few days for your body to realize it's "supposed" to have a period. Also, these pills with only 4 placebos are meant to reduce your period duration, and sometimes even eliminate it completely. But, as has been said, if you take your pills on the days you're supposed to, you'll remain safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
Are you at risk for the things they're saying about it? Do you have PMDD (this is more a Yaz question, but I guess they're the same thing)? Have you had any negative side effects in the years you've been on it?

If you've been fine on it, stay on it if you want to. I stayed on the patch through its mess, and later stayed on Yaz through its. Because those methods worked for me, I was the targeted audience (PMDD sufferers), and I had no negative side effects.

Should you decide to move onto a new type anyway, good luck. But as I have no experience with the one you're considering, I won't comment on it :)

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Parsnip posted:

I even asked my doctor in sept. if it was a good pill to take, and she said yes. However the pharmacist (who is actually good friends with the doctor) said that though doctor is very good, she might not be the best authority for birth control and said that I should visit a ob/gyn. Should I go? I worry about messing with 'a good thing' and going crazy if I change my birth control. But of course, I don't want to stoke out at 26.

I'm sorry that this is kinda long, but I wanted to put all the details that might be important!

The doctor that put you on this, and is telling you to stay on it is not an ob/gyn? She's a general practitioner, then? You really should see a gyno for gyn-related stuff. They are educated on that as an emphasis, and not general knowledge that "normal" doctors are given, and so are better to consult. Would you talk to your regular doctor if you had a specialized problem? No, she'd refer you to someone else. Who does your lady-check-ups?

In this case I'm going to have to agree with the pharmacist. You really should see a gyno, and you should really consider swapping types. I'm the queen of telling people to stay on pills that work, but in the case of old pills (that came out in the 60s and 70s), I don't agree. They've learned a lot since when bc first came out, and there's no reason to be on a dosage that high.

I was on a high dosage pill once, for one pack. I got it at a clinic, and when I went back to my real gyno, she freaked about it. took me off it right away. She told me she was shocked they put me on it in the first place considering it's dose, my weight, and how old the pill was. I can't recall what it was called, but I'll try to dig out the old packet I saved.

Also, is there a reason the brand version isn't made anymore?

Edit: it was Necon 1/35 1mg norethindrone and 0.035mg of ethinyl estadiol

Reformed Tomboy fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 21, 2011

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

cheese eats mouse posted:

I would go to PP if my conservative father wouldn't see the statement on his health insurance statement that I went to PP. Last time I went all hell broke loose because they kill babies or something.

Lying is probably the best. Do they honor prescriptions from other gynos?

If you don't use your insurance (lie and say you have none), then nothing will show up. Or tell the truth, I have it, but it's my parents and I can't use it for this, they get that all the time.

Also, what do you mean by honor them? Will they give you the same type if you tell them you've been on it in the past, yes. Will they fill it, no, as they're not a pharmacy.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Scurvy posted:

Should I just resign myself to taking Mircette forever, or should I look into finding a new doctor?

If the pill works so well for you, why do you really want to switch? You'll have to readjust to a new type (and the implant takes longer than the standard three months to get used to) and you may have side effects (not to mention lack of period regulation). It costs a lot to insert if you don't go to PP, and if you have side effects you will have to have it removed. Also, going back on a bc after trying something else doesn't always result in the same (lack of) side effects.

If you're really sure you want to, you can. Go to a PP or another doctor if yours won't give it to you. But you already have a type that works so well, and you've been on it so long, there really is no reason for you to swap.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Ring of Light posted:

This might be a dumb question but why do you continue to use Implanon when you have to take a birth control pill to control side effects? Why not ditch the Implanon and just take pills? Does the increased effectiveness make you want to leave it? I had terrible bleeding and sexual side effects and got mine taken out and switched to generic Ortho Tri Cyclen and have been so much happier.

That never made sense to me either. I'm wondering why they told Lanthanum to keep taking her pills too. When I got mine put in, they told me "if you haven't already, stop taking your pills, you don't need them anymore."

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Lanthanum posted:

My arm is SO ITCHY. To the point where I can't focus on anything else, except to itch itch itch. Is this normal?

PPH told me irregular/prolonged bleeding or spotting within the first 3 to 6 months, then after that typically periods go away. Is that wrong?

You got it put in a few days ago right? That's normal and will go away. It's part of the healing process.

It's not wrong, it's just that they neglected to tell you the IF part of that statement. IF your periods will go away, that's usually how it will happen (but it doesn't usually happen).

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

necrobobsledder posted:

We know we don't want kids. She has expressed she'd go get an abortion with no regrets - we both despise children. The wife is against a hysterectomy for the foreseeable future because she doesn't want more scars on her stomach.

Have you talked to her doctor about hysterectomies? Not all of them are performed through a cut in the stomach. When my mom got hers done (to stop her miserable periods after she was done with kids) they went in through her vagina and removed her uterus only. No scar at all.

It sounds to me like she has all kinds of issues, and not going to a doctor will not help at all. She needs to talk to a doctor about her real options, not the internet.

Lanthanum posted:

I've become suuuuper bitchy toward my boyfriend. I'm sure this is part of the hormone rollercoaster in implanon, but will it go away after 3-6 months? Aside from silly emotions, I absolutely love it.

Kind of related, but I broke down and cried a number of times when I first got it. It faded though. How often is it happening? Or is it all the time?

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

necrobobsledder posted:

Umm, we did following her fibroid removal surgery as follow-up where, after a long, long explanation of the wife decrying Yaz and hormones and everything, the doctor offered to write her a prescription for Mircette, which she of course didn't take. She's expressed on more than one occasion that she'd consider a hysterectomy but wasn't sure of the potential side-effects (not unreasonable here, it's a lot more complicated for me than a vasectomy at least and that's one of the least riskiest surgeries, too).

I don't even know how to respond to you. So she goes to the doctor? Who cares. She's not doing what he's advising, which is just as bad. What do you think a bunch of internet girls are going to help you with? That's my point. She has too much going on for any of us to help her. Especially when she won't listen to her real doctor.

Which is why I said if she's serious about hysterectomies, she needs to talk about her real options with her real doctor instead of assuming she knows everything about it. And you're right, a vasectomy would be easier to perform, but you're not the one with the reproductive-related issues, she is.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
Maybe it's a trade for the cramps you were having..?

Also, are you sure it's done? My period just came back after only two weeks off :( I normally go 7-8 weeks between. It did this last year at this time too, both weird and ugh-I-don't-want-to-deal-with-this.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Egad! posted:

So now that my period has actually started, I'm relieved but I also feel terrible. Everything I've heard before has made it seem like BC makes your periods more bearable, but mine has done the opposite. Should I just try it for a couple more months and see what happens?

This is your first time on it, right? Yes, try to stick with it for 3 packs. In rare occasions it's absolutely killer, but you can try to convince your doc to write you another Rx. Don't quit so soon unless it's unlivable.

For example, I once was on a type where I had a full-heavy period for every day since starting the pack; after the first pack was done I got something else.

My Little Puni posted:

I have one more question, birth control pill has heart problem warnings for if you smoke. I don't smoke cigarettes, just a lot of weed. Anybody know if this is okay or if it will have the same effect as cigarettes?

Nope, you're good. :)

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Anne Whateley posted:

I think the iron issue is (1) if you're on a type of birth control that means you have infrequent/no periods, AND (2) you're supplementing with iron. Iron supplements for women assume that you're losing a lot of iron with a monthly period, and if that's not the case, you could potentially wind up adding too much.

Also keep in mind pills affect you in weird ways. I had blood work done for an unrelated issue and was told I had abnormally high levels of iron, and to never take iron supplements without consulting a doctor first. She said it was most likely due to the bc pill I was on; no, they didn't have iron in the placebo pills.

I nearly died as a child from iron poisoning, so I don't gently caress around with iron. If you're worried about it, Kerfuffle, talk to your doctor about it or have your iron levels checked.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Anne Whateley posted:

Has anyone else had a really shallow Implanon? What happened? It's only my second day, so I'm hoping it will magically and quickly move deeper, but I doubt it.

Mine's shallow as well. I can see it through the skin, but others can't, so I expect it's because I know right where it is and they don't. It hurt the first few days but then it felt fine. It does still ache if I lean my arm on something right on the implant though.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
You have to take a class or whatever to be allowed to put them in. My gyno wasn't certified so I went to PP. I can't image that once you learn how you'd be unallowed though, that's weird. Since you've tried progestin-only pills before and they didn't work, I'm not sure Implanon will work for you either. Ask your gyno what she thinks, even if she can't put it in. You're allowed to see other doctors too, so keep that in mind.

Anne, can you take a picture of it? It won't, or shouldn't, move deeper. That's the whole reason why implants work and are safe, they don't migrate around your body. Mine took a few months to get used to, especially holding things and leaning on things. But it never caught on my shirt??

Here's mine. I'm pulling the skin taught on the counter so it stands out a bit more but that's pretty close to how it looks when I hold my arm out straight.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Lanthanum posted:

Am I the only one where PP said it doesnt matter when its inserted? I got mine put in a week after my period ended

As I recall, it doesn't matter when you put it in if you're already on the pill. You get it inserted and then stop taking your pills. If you're starting Implanon as your first birth control you still have to wait 7 days and it has to be put in during your period.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

ilysespieces posted:

What should I do? Does it matter? If I need to use a backup method for 7 days can I just take the other 7 days I'll have left? Will I die of a terrible hormone overdose and my obituary will read "too much birth control, she really didn't want babies"?
Thanks.

Stop taking your pills. Back-up method doesn't mean take extra hormones, it means to use non-hormonal back ups like condoms.

If you are covered or not depends on the type of pill you swapped from. When changing from combination pills you have to insert it at the end up the pack during the placebo week to be covered. For progestin-only pills, anytime you insert it will leave you covered. Since when you swapped you were already into your new pack, use a back up method for a week (unless you were on a progestin-only pill of course).

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

boquiabierta posted:

Whaaa? I've never heard this and don't know why that would be the case. As far as I know switching from any type of hormonal BC to any other hormonal BC, whether combined or progestin-only, should keep you protected (as long as you were using the first method correctly, etc.) Why would you not be protected immediately after Implanon insertion if you had been mid-cycle on COCs?

Dunno why myself, but my post was taken directly from the implanon sheet. I always follow what the directions they give you say, and not necessarily what doctors tell me.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
You can tell them no, you know. Having migraines and having a migraine (very) occasionally is big difference. Is there another PP near you? Or is there somewhere else you could go for a second opinion? Otherwise, tell them you want to remain on your current pill, if that's what you really want.

My doctor(s) have tried in the past to swap me off types that worked for me, and I didn't let them. The patch had increased blood clot risks, so I just got tested for the likelihood I'd get one, and decided it was safe for me to remain on it. Same with Yaz, it caused a whole lot of problems for women who didn't have PMDD, but I do, so I remained on it. It seems to me like you're smart enough to research ahead of time what they're trying to swap you to, but ultimately it's your body, and you can decide what to put in it.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
It certainly couldn't hurt to try. It sucks they said that though. I remember the pharmacy where I used to get the patch stopped carrying it once the lawsuits against it began, and I had to go somewhere else to get them. It was annoying to go out of my way, but it worked and was able to stay on it until I chose to try something else.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

bobula posted:

Ugh, I wish there was some way I could look into the future and see if switching to Implanon will cause the same effects Nuvaring does in me.

Seeing as they have completely different hormones it is safe to say it won't be the same; what it will be like is a whole other question.

samizdat posted:

I have a couple questions.

1. Has anybody else suddenly become allergic to the patch (or the adhesive)?

2. I just started Ortho Tri Cyclen last Monday, and somewhere along the line I accidentally took two pills in one day — you can see why I was using the patch. I wasn't sure whether to take Thursday's pill on Wednesday (when I realized my mistake) or to wait until Thursday, so I just took it Wednesday and decided that my new start date for packs was Sunday. Was this a good idea?

1. I don't want to say allergic, but yes, after about a year and half of being on the patch my skin was starting to look funny. Did you alternate the sites from left/right every week? Also did you alternate sites every once in a while. Doing just left/right on the same site seemed to cause it, but placing them on my buttock one week, then my hip another, then my shoulder another seemed to prevent the irritation.

2. I'm not totally sure what you mean here. Did you or did you not start on Sunday? You shouldn't really take your first pill on Monday and then decide you're a Sunday start. However, you're probably fine. Make sure to use a back up for 7 days because it may affect the effectiveness by your doing that, but from now on as long as you take one a day you should be ok.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
I agree, that sounds odd to me. Are there any reasons why you can't swap to a new pill?

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

lunarian posted:

My doc said that more hormones equals more side effects so he is unwilling to try me on any different pills.

What? I've never heard that, ever. Different hormone combinations/levels lead to different side effects, not more or less of them. If you've really only been on two pills (three methods), I'd suggest going to a different doctor and asking for pill recommendations. It took me 6 or 7 methods to find one that worked perfectly for me, just to give you an idea.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

Also, since I don't think I've gotten any responses...are diaphragms just really out dated? Has no one used one?

They're not really effective and they have to be used with spermicide, which irritates many ladies' vaginas. There are just better options out there. You're looking for something to use to protect your guys penis from your IUD strings right? In that case, you might be able to use one without spermicide, but diaphragms need to be fitted by a gyn, so you're better off talking to your doctor about it anyway.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
When did you take your pill? I usually tried to take mine with food (dinner to be specific), though you don't have to.

However, if you did experience nausea while on it originally, chances are high you'll continue to experience it this time around. There are other pills out there, and it is within your right to go back to your doctor for a new pill.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Geolicious posted:

What is a teal card and what does it do and how do I get one. I am seriously 2 hours from CA.

The teal card is proof of your enrollment in a state-funded health care system (I can't recall the true name of it atm) that provides cheap/free services. Usually if you go to a PP in CA and say you have no insurance, they automatically sign you up for it so your bc can be free. I don't know if you can get one with an out of state ID though.

I'm just about fed up with my Implanon. I had my spotting-period from June, all the way through July, and into mid August. Stopped for two weeks (good timing too, since I was backpacking) and I just started again today. I just can't take the unpredictable periods anymore, so in the next few weeks I'm going to try to get it taken out and go back on pills. Not exactly looking forward to that again.. le sigh.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
Are there no PPs in NV? You don't need the teal card to get cheep bc, just lie about having insurance.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Geolicious posted:

I don't have any California friends :( Hell, I don't have any Nevada friends.

If I go to PP and lie about not having insurance, should I lie about my income, too? What's a good figure? I'm pretty sure if I tell them my real income they won't discount me.

I'm thinking I should just save my pennies rather than lie all over the place...

Ultimately it's up to you whether to lie or not, but yes, saying you have low income and no insurance is the way to go. Lying about this is probably a little harder if you're older (it's super easy to say "I'm a student" if you're younger), but you can always say you're unemployed at the moment.

If you're uncomfortable with lying, and can save up to get it, go for it then. I certainly couldn't save up that much, but that's me.

Thanks for the few replies I got regarding my implanon. I'm going to try to get to the doctor in the next week or so and see what my options are.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
Unfortunately, taking the same pill twice but with a break in between means you can't expect your body to react the same while on it the second time around. But by the time three months is up, your body will have done most of the adjusting it needs to in order to get used to the pill. There's no set time that your body begins to deal with the side effects, it is a slow process. I also don't know what you mean by "resetting around the pill."

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Peggy Lee posted:

The most conservative length of time I've been recommended is 'until you finish that month's worth of pills'. The reasoning behind that is that if your pill failed to prevent ovulation due to the antibiotics this cycle, you will start being 'covered' again when you start your next cycle with an uninterrupted dose of hormones. Again, this is the most conservative estimate - but if it makes you feel most protected against pregnancy and thus least stressed out, I'd say follow it.

I hate to ask after the fact, but have you been using backup while taking the antibiotic?

But what if she finished her antibiotics during the fourth week of her pills? I get what they're saying, but that's not always a good rule to go by.

7 days is what it takes for antibiotics to get out of your system. So use backup during the regimen, and for 7 days after you take the last dose and then you'll be safe again.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

DRP Solved! posted:

The time that it takes to get out of your body varies significantly from antibiotic to antibiotic, for example it's 3-5 days for doxycycline. If you subscribe to the idea that antibiotics decrease the effectiveness of birth control (doxycycline doesn't), then you would want to use backup for 7 days after the antibiotic has cleared from your body (so 10-12 days after finishing doxycycline) in order to get a guaranteed 7 days of consistent hormone levels.

7 days is always what I've been told, so it's nice to get a more accurate response, thanks.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Lanthanum posted:

3 hours for that session. I dunno why you would though, it never really gets in the way of sex, neither my partner or I can't feel it when we are having sex.

That's you though. My partner could feel it when I was on the ring. Once I left it in for sex and in a freak sex accident his penis caught the ring, pulled it out and flung it onto the floor. I had to go get a new ring because it had been contaminated. I never forgot to take it out after that.

And yes, it's 3 hours every 24 hours.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
Dorm room floor; didn't want to risk it.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Kat Delacour posted:

I left the house today seeking OCP and came home with a nuvaring. I'm already freaking myself out about the potential logistics here, like will every trip to the toilet might turn into a $25 experiment in muscle control and will I need to take it for sex and if so where do I put it if I take it out for sex (hair band?) ...

Also I am going to start a band and call it freak sex accident. The band members will be my illegitimate partridge children because I didn't realise I still had my nuvaring holding up my ponytail :smith:

Oh no, I didn't mean to worry you! Just to point out poo poo happens.

They're rather similar to tampons, they stay in place even while going to the bathroom. And if you need to poke it up there a little more, you can, no big deal. Seconding keeping the bag it comes in. It's like a metallic wrapper/pouch that keeps it nice and safe while you have it out. Plus you can write your insertion date on there so you remember when to use the next one.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
I have an appointment to get my Implanon removed. I've had it for two years and have slowly built up to constantly bleeding. Mind you, it's just spotting, so I only have to wear a liner, but sex gets messy all the time now and it's quite annoying. I've bled almost non-stop (had a one week break) from mid June to now. Previous to that it was about 4 weeks of spotting to every 2-3 weeks off.

Your periods will not be regular. You will not be able to predict them. What regulates your period on the pill is the placebo weeks. Since there's constant hormones, your body kind of does what it wants. You'll need to decide if the risk of bleeding constantly is worth the implant. I did for two years, and I loved the implant, but it's getting to be too much for me, so I'll be entering the pill market again soon.

Previous to the implant I was on Yaz, so we've got similar pill history, but you really can't predict things that way.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
It doesn't work that way. It doesn't matter what method you started on, your body just interacts with different hormone levels / combos (and not everyone reacts the same). There's no way to "tell" what your side effects will be until you're on it. Yes, it is possible that you could not have periods any more. Just as possible for me to have not had them either. But I didn't, and it's not all that common. What you'll experience is yet to be seen. Other people on this forum have had theirs stop, irrc. And a few are on their second they liked it so much.

If you want to do it, do it, and good luck. But trying to predict what's going to happen isn't worth it.

I wish there was an easier way as well, believe me. I'm not really all that excited to be pill shopping again.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
Trip report:
Just got back from my appointment at PP to get my implant removed. The doctor warned me it sometimes takes a little bit to wiggle it free, but it came out no problems. She even tricked me with "look that way, I'm going to do a numb test" when she sliced me open, which was nice because I was pretty nervous. A few minutes later it was "oh look at this" with her holding it and some blood smeared on it. Bandage has to stay on for a day, but if my bruise is massive or particularly colorful I'll get a pic. I was in and out in just over an hour, and I walked away with tons of free pills.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

My Little Puni posted:

Sorry if I'm annoying the thread but I won't rest easy unitl I know for sure + or -

...and all the tests are to be used when you have a missed period... so how the gently caress do I know when I can start taking BC again and what my "missed period" would be. :psyduck: Christ, this is all so confusing.

I haven't been completely following along, so forgive me if I ask stuff you've been asked before. You're on a three-month type pill, correct? Have you stopped it, or have you continued to take it? When was your last period, and when are you expecting it to come again? When do you think you got pregnant?

It sounds to me like you're becoming confused/worried about how long it is until your next period to see if you'll miss it. Depending on when your last period was, you can probably take an at-home pregnancy test even though you haven't technically "missed" your period yet. The reason they use that terminology is because they assume everyone has a 28 day cycle. The tests can test as early as a few days before the missed period (meaning, about two weeks after you hypothetically ovulated). Assuming your scare occurred between two and three weeks ago, you've already "missed" your period and should be able to take a test.

BC will not interfere with a test, but it will with pregnancy. If you haven't stopped your pills, don't until you know for sure.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

My Little Puni posted:

That should be all the stuff to help you help me. I really appreciate it, I can't talk to my mother about this (she'd freak and disown me) and my doctor is a vapid oval office. I eventually should talk to one, but I need to get money issues straight first.

Take a deep breath like NaturalLow said, we're here to help :)

You're fine to take a pregnancy test now, since it's been a few weeks since the incident. They're usually about $10 at a drug store, and some come in a two-pack so you can test again the following week to make extra sure. If those test(s) come up positive, go from there, but for now try not to worry about seeing a doctor (because as of right now, you don't need one).

Continue to take your pills, even if you were pregnant, this early on they won't affect anything in/for the baby.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

fork bomb posted:

Is this true with Implanon? FINALLY A NO-WORK WEIGHT LOSS.

Well, all bc's are different, but I lost weight on Implanon. I wouldn't say no-work because I was trying to get in shape, but there you have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Pyrotoad posted:

Thanks, I'll book an appointment to get it done next week. I just hadn't heard much about it, and the leaflet that came with the letter was all 'you might bleed and maybe take some painkillers because it'll probably hurt' :derp:

I think they're just trying to cover all their bases. I've spotted a tiny amount after one pap, but none of my other ones. As far as pain goes, it feels like a cramp, but once the swab is done it passes pretty quickly. I think it hurts more if you're nervous and can't relax but a good doctor will walk/talk you through everything and it's not all that bad.

• Locked thread