Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Millard Fillmore posted:

Ohhhhhkay, so apparently they filled my prescription with a generic brand, is this still okay?

What? I didn't know the patch had a generic. When I was on it, there wasn't one. When was it first released/what is it called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Hip Hoptimus Prime posted:

Has anyone other than the above poster ^ had long bouts of bleeding on Implanon?

I did. It started out slow like long 10-day periods, then became more frequent, and finally never stopped. It was only spotting so I could just use a panty liner, but it got really annoying. I got it taken out after 2 years because I couldn't deal with it any more.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Spanish Inquisition posted:

Quick question: If I started taking the pill the day I took out my ring, I should be good to go, right? My doctor wanted me to take a week off to have a period, but I've already been spotting for about a week so gently caress it.

Yes, you will still be safe.

Since you are already spotting, having a period might help stop that and prevent the spotting from continuing once you start the pill. To do this, you'd take a week off after your ring as she suggests. You will still be safe during this time as long as you start the pill on the same day you would have put in a new ring. If you want to skip that off week, it's up to you.

• Locked thread