Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neko Sou
Jan 24, 2006
Scarved Wonder
On my 3rd month of Jolessa (Wal-Mart generic for Seasonale) and I just started bleeding out of nowhere for over a week now. I was a couple weeks away from my first scheduled period when this started. My gynecologist had all but promised me I'd be bleeding a lot so I was surprised when it never happened (until just recently). Is this going to keep going until my period starts? :smith: I can't have sex with my husband when I'm on my period (religious reasons) and I've never used a tampon (before it was religious reasons but now that I'm married I'm scared it will be too painful) but I'm starting to get desperate. I want to get a Brazilian but I can't do it when this is going on. It's just enough bleeding to prevent me from doing the stuff I want to do but it's not a real period. Help anyone? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neko Sou
Jan 24, 2006
Scarved Wonder

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I have had a Mirena since November 2009.

The first time my boyfriend and I had sex after I got the Mirena, about 4 days post-insertion, the string poked him in the urethra. I have never seen such a full body recoil/strangled noise. Oh my goodness it was funny but I felt terrible for laughing. These days he can feel it very occasionally, in certain positions worse than others. Sometimes he can feel it on the head of his penis a bit but he can ignore it, sometimes we have to change position. I don't know if he's ever felt it while fingering me.

I have never used a Diva cup, but I have used the Instead, which does not seal onto the cervix. There's nothing for the strings to get caught on, they're too short and slippery for me to grab, and considering how uncomfortable it was to get the thing inserted, I'm pretty sure I would notice if I started pulling on the strings.

And Neko Sou, forgive me if this is rude, but I'm extremely curious: what religion allows Brazilian waxes but no period sex or tampons for unmarried women?

Hahaha, it's not rude. I'm Muslim. I know, it's kind of a weird combination :sweatdrop: Some of the most conservative women back in the old country have been getting Brazilians (before their wedding night) for ages.

Gonna have to just (wo)man up and try it I guess, but I'm just nervous. Forgive me for sounding like such a baby, it's just that I didn't get to do this stuff when I was 14 so now I don't have any help. The doctor's gloved finger hurts like crazy so I feel like a piece of plastic is gonna be terrible :gonk:

Is there a point when I should be calling the doctor about the bleeding? Or should I wait until I start month 4?

Neko Sou
Jan 24, 2006
Scarved Wonder

NaturalLow posted:

I don't know if this is what you meant by needing help, but pretty much every pack of tampons I've ever bought comes with printed step by step instructions for insertion. The plastic applicators are really smooth/rounded off and at the risk of being gross, the blood kind of lubricates things. I usually use the kind with cardboard applicators and those never hurt either. It doesn't feel anything like the doctor, trust me.

If you want to take baby steps with tampons, most companies make a "slim" version aimed at teenagers that are just starting out and people who might be a bit smaller down there.

Thanks NaturalLow and fork bomb, that's actually very helpful. I'll be on the lookout for some smaller ones. Thanks to anyone else who answered before :) It's nice having an Internet lady business tech support team. :3:

• Locked thread