Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
miss_chaos
Apr 7, 2006
Hi all.

Started (again) on Levlen this past month, just finished my first pack. Went on it again because my acne was really bad (25 years old, face full of a pimples, I hate my life, etc etc.)

I'm a hungry, weepy psychopath. I've started hating my job, I've started despairing about being single - all things I've never troubled with. I'm making rash, emotional decisions and I just don't feel like my normal happy self. I've also started feeling really hot all the time. I'm tremendously, hand-wringingly anxious all the time to the point where I can barely eat sometimes - which I almost never am off the Pill. My skin is really good though, and I'm enjoying not blowing up like a balloon with water retention each period.

Is there another happy medium hormonal method I can use? I like the routine of the pill and am good at taking it, but this one is making me a crazy person.

miss_chaos fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miss_chaos
Apr 7, 2006
O HIGH PRIESTESSES OF THE CONTRACEPTIVE DEVICE MEGATHREAD. A humble request for help.

I got my period today while about to finish my second straight packet of the Pill. Not just a little spotting, but a full period - albeit not as heavy as usual. I still have three days of hormonal tablets left. Is the Pill not working for this to happen? I got flu last week and threw up about 6 hours after taking the Pill, but I'm pretty sure that's outside of the absorption danger zone. WTF?

miss_chaos
Apr 7, 2006

NaturalLow posted:

You say you were on your second straight packet. Were you skipping your placebo pills? Whenever I try to skip the placebo week, I'll usually just go on and get a full blown period anyway. Part of it is probably because I'm on a triphasic pill (are you?) but it seems like my body just refuses to skip periods. Maybe yours is like that too.

Yip, I skipped my placebo pills on advice by a doctor (low iron). Sigh. Looks like I can't skip placebos like I did when I was a teenager. I'm not on a triphasic (Levlen) but mostly I'm concerned that this might indicate the pills haven't worked and I might not be protected contraceptively. Maybe it's because I'm heavier than I was as a teenager? Ugh. I wish the implant was subsidised.

I'm probably going to be changing pills anyway at my next appointment, this one has made my skin blow up with acne since I went back on it. Stupid aging changing your hormones.

miss_chaos
Apr 7, 2006
Have decided to go off Levlen when I finish my current perscription - I'm 25 and my skin has broken out like never before since I started back on Levlen 6 months ago. Constant massive zits! Gross.

A few forums suggest Yasmin if Levlen turns you into a spotty teenager, which is subsidised here - so I might try that. Anyone else in the same boat?

miss_chaos
Apr 7, 2006
Finally went off the pill when I finished my last packet, and immediately I stopped being a pimply psychopath with anxiety attacks and weeping fits.

Back to Family Planning this week for new options. Sigh.

• Locked thread