Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

Creepy Goat posted:

What breed of dog are these two? I want them!
Finnish lapphunds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I have a new kitty! This is probably the last photo I'll ever get of him where he isn't simply a black & white cat blur.

Figaro's Window by r coffman, on Flickr

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Felis catus praesidio by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

This is not my pet but it is somebody's pet.

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 2, 2011

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom
Here's my dog Frank, taken this winter. D3100 with a 35mm f/1.8

Chappy fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 8, 2011

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
Sleepy kitty, takes over our bed when we leave for work. I grabbed these on my way out.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Winston likes my bed too.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

DJExile posted:

He looks pretty epic right there. How big is he?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

He looks pretty epic right there. How big is he?

15 lbs. He's a Maine Coon, which I think actually puts him on the small side. :stare:

This was him back in his kitten days.

This was him when he got to about full size. He is not a small cat. loving loves sinks too. No idea why.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

DJExile posted:

15 lbs. He's a Maine Coon, which I think actually puts him on the small side. :stare:

This was him back in his kitten days.

This was him when he got to about full size. He is not a small cat. loving loves sinks too. No idea why.

I love cats in sinks. How long did it take him to get to that size? My 10-month-old Maine Coon mix is 7 1/2 pounds and I wouldn't mind at all if he got to the 15-pound range...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MrBlandAverage posted:

I love cats in sinks. How long did it take him to get to that size? My 10-month-old Maine Coon mix is 7 1/2 pounds and I wouldn't mind at all if he got to the 15-pound range...

I'd say he got there around the 14-15 month range.

FretforyourLatte
Sep 16, 2010

Put you in my oven!
Lestat trying to look distinguished and failing.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

A pretty lady

MrOpus
Mar 21, 2004

Got a softbox for the speedlite. All new toys get tested on the cat.

Soft Box practice by Chad Larson Photography, on Flickr

saiyr
May 23, 2004
I am a total newbie, having owned my 50D for less than a week. My uncle's 60th birthday was this week and the dog was the most willing model. Critique my terrible photography skills, please!

IMG_0073 by saiyr, on Flickr

IMG_0075 by saiyr, on Flickr

sildargod
Oct 25, 2010
I present you : how to annoy sleeping cats, a portrait study.

Callie (1 of 5) by sildargod, on Flickr

cats (3 of 3) by sildargod, on Flickr

cats (2 of 3) by sildargod, on Flickr

No cats were harmed in the making of this brief study, though sleep was definitely disturbed.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

DAGS.

My dog is good at selective hearing.

3/52 by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

Koji. Stop stealing my spot.

13/52 by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

Thanks.

4/52 by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

Shed a tear for Japan. :japan:

tsunamirelief_3bwred by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

Foster puppy just wants to love you. :3:

Zip (adopted!) by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

I also have no idea what I am doing with this camera 99% of the time. I should probably like, read a book or something...

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

This dog was chilling out in a store window so I took his photo.

Medusula
Aug 8, 2007
I have a set for my adorable if a tad derpy kittens who see the camera and pose, don't want to be a bore so will just post one.

My Egyptian uromastyx, the post processing was done at others suggestions and I would be interested to know opinions. Please, I am begging you, look at it in large as medium makes his scales look funky.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Scales look fine to me, you've got a shallow depth of field going on so the ones by his shoulder/further back are more blurry than his face, but I don't think that hurts it at all.

What the gently caress is on his nose?

Medusula
Aug 8, 2007
His bedding. Only day for months the bugger has posed nicely and he deliberately blemishes my shot. He is two feet long with barbs along his tail and if I had put my hand in to remove it he would have either run into his hide or tail whipped me and as my camera isn't waterproof I didn't fancy getting blood all over it.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Hahaha bummer, cause that's the only thing ruining the shot :( Otherwise it's pretty kick rear end! It almost looks like he's climbing out of a pool of water onto some rocks to re-heat or something. First thing that popped into my mind, despite not looking like one, were the Galapagos Iguanas. Definitely come back with more, I'd be interested in his colors too.

Medusula
Aug 8, 2007
I'm afraid these are the best I have of him, (again, they look much better in large) as soon as I got my new dslr he decided to hide from it. It is somewhat of a mission of mine to get a full shot of him without the glass.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
It's not ridiculously expensive, but I've been having loads of fun with a new-to-me 50mm f/1.8. My little D40 doesn't have an in-body focus motor, so I also have lots of blurry pictures.

Medusula
Aug 8, 2007
Had a rather successful kitty shoot, think this shot is the first "good lord I'm actually happy with this" photo I've ever done.

kitty1 by Learnin' Curve, on Flickr

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

Medusula posted:

kitty1 by Learnin' Curve, on Flickr

I like this. :) Very cool eyes, do you think they'll stay that blue or will that fade as it gets older?

Speaking of eyes, my puppy likes to lay on the guilt trips/drop the puppy dog eyes if I don't let her off the deck so she can run around like a spaz in the yard.

Not a happy camper by Silenus81, on Flickr

PREYING MANTITS fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 24, 2011

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Birthday dog! :toot:

16/52 by thepaisleyfox, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Albert and two of his favorite activities - chillaxin' to the max...

...and birdwatching.

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Killed my sensei in a duel and I'll never say why.
My friend's cat, Marbles

East Lake
Sep 13, 2007

This is the two-legged version.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
I think this thread has shifted too much into quality pictures and less in silly gear masturbation so I'm going to fix that.

70-200L f2.8 IS :smug:

beeker
Dec 17, 2006

meep meep!
10 shots of medium format later and the best on the roll is the cat sitting in a pile of towels. :(

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008
Look at this kitten

Dr. Fudge
Feb 16, 2007
In the fudge business since 1987
I feel like a creepy cat person taking portraits of my cat. She's a beauty though.

Dr. Fudge fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 6, 2011

Medusula
Aug 8, 2007
These new photos are really rather smashing. Am I the only one who can see before and after in Fiannaiocht and beeker's photos?

sildargod
Oct 25, 2010
Not a pet (YET), but drat does it look good.

stuff101-91 by sildargod, on Flickr

Incidentally, does anyone keep Caracals or Servals on the forum? If so, I need to picka your braaaains..

Jethz
Sep 17, 2004
More of a snapshot. (I've only started dabbling in photography & holy poo poo, information overload). I figured starting with some pet pictures is as good as any place to start.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sildargod
Oct 25, 2010

Jethz posted:

More of a snapshot. (I've only started dabbling in photography & holy poo poo, information overload). I figured starting with some pet pictures is as good as any place to start.

Maybe it's just me but horses always look like they have a mad, slightly sadistic look in their eye, as though they're just waiting for an opportunity to destroy me..

Boiler
Dec 23, 2004
Shut up phone
Over the course of three trips to Barton Springs in Austin, my dog went from being completely shy about water:

Dog days at Barton Creek, Austin by Craig F, on Flickr

To swimming and loving it:

Maeby can swim! by Craig F, on Flickr

I took these with a waterproof Canon 35mm point and shoot that I found at a thrift store for $5. I love being able to take it swimming and not worrying about getting my camera wet. Getting a shot of a moving dog without her looking like a complete herp derp is another thing altogether.

Dog days at Barton Creek, Austin by Craig F, on Flickr

For bonus cute pet action - these dogs were literally sitting in a circle listening to this guy talk. I'm not even sure he's the owner of all of them.

Doggy conference at Barton Creek by Craig F, on Flickr

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I'm going to have to search for a waterproof camera for sure. Which one exactly did you use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
I like dogs I guess