Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I hope this is an okay place to ask, but I don't really have an eye for image editing beyond shitposting and whatnot.

Trigger warning: Pet death (don't worry, old age and she had a happy retirement in Florida.)

Unfortunately, my family's cat passed away earlier this year at nearly 20 years of age. I'm looking through old photos trying to find a good one for a photo frame as a Christmas gift for my mom (yeah, I'm a little late, but I have the frame I just need to get the photo printed!)

Anyways, I think I've settled on the photo I want to print, but I'm a bit worried about the photo I've landed on, as it's a gray cat against a gray carpet. My main question is, is there anything I should do to touch up the photo before having it printed? I mean beyond cropping and whatnot. It's just gonna be a simple 4x6 photo in a frame.

Here's the photo on which I landed:

I know it's not the highest resolution photo, but unfortunately I had to take what I could get when it comes to available photos; for the past 8 years or so she's been across the country from me so I have to make do with what I could scrape from texts/WhatsApp.

e: Also, I just want to say, I'm not trying to beg for free photo touchups or anything, just looking for advice. That being said, if someone were to touch it up, I would be more than happy to provide a forums upgrade and/or a donation to your local humane society in return.

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Thank you to you both! I ended up going with Toro's version since I woke up late and had to get it printed today. Don't worry though, karma caught up with me and my 6AM flight tomorrow was cancelled and rebooked for 6PM.

Also, Nielsm, your suggestion was good but did inadvertently made me laugh because I initially thought it was a joke suggestion of "Consider adding a white gradient frame, to really sell that your cat is in heaven."

Anyways, I'll make a donation to whichever humane society or other charity you'd like, both of you! Thanks again.