Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
I'm about to go look at a local Steelcase Leap, the guy is asking ~250 for it, I believe it is the V1. Googling has lead me to believe that it's a great chair but is there anything I should look out for? Aside from the obvious stuff, like the seat was Jabba's personal lounge for the past 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

SpaceBanditos posted:

I'm about to go look at a local Steelcase Leap, the guy is asking ~250 for it, I believe it is the V1. Googling has lead me to believe that it's a great chair but is there anything I should look out for? Aside from the obvious stuff, like the seat was Jabba's personal lounge for the past 5 years.

Personally I found the seat on the Leap to be way too hard which made it uncomfortable for long sit periods so make sure you really check if it works for you before buying.

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope
I have a Healthy Back store nearby, so I was able to try all these crazy chairs out. I liked the Human Touch Alpha 80 -- the weird one with the two lungs for a backrest:

Anyone have any experience with this? A review from someone who's had it long-term would be ideal, because I want to make sure that it's comfortable long-term, not just in the store.

Also, the original manufacturer, Human Touch, is discontinuing it, and they're finding a new vendor to make the same chair.

Stabby McDamage fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 11, 2011

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

Stabby McDamage posted:

I have a Healthy Back store nearby, so I was able to try all these crazy chairs out. I liked the Human Touch Alpha 80 -- the weird one with the two lungs for a backrest:

Anyone have any experience with this? A review from someone who's had it long-term would be ideal, because I want to make sure that it's comfortable long-term, not just in the store.

Also, the original manufacturer, Human Touch, is discontinuing it, and they're finding a new vendor to make the same chair.

Well, it appears that the legs and castors are an optical illusion, so be careful with that...

OK, being serious now. Having never sat in one, I'm going to judge it on it's appearances, just like any good American should. Two things: The edge of the seatpan is hard plastic, and it doesn't look like the front edge of the seatpan (AKA the "kneefucker") is adjustable, so be sure that it's not too long that it runs into the backs of your knees.

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope

Wombot posted:

Well, it appears that the legs and castors are an optical illusion, so be careful with that...

OK, being serious now. Having never sat in one, I'm going to judge it on it's appearances, just like any good American should. Two things: The edge of the seatpan is hard plastic, and it doesn't look like the front edge of the seatpan (AKA the "kneefucker") is adjustable, so be sure that it's not too long that it runs into the backs of your knees.

The whole seatpan slides in and out from the back, so I should be able to get the depth right. However, the more I think about it, the less enthused I am by this one -- the other chairs I was interested in have reviews and a website, but this thing seems like a mystery chair with 2-3 companies' names attached to it.

This brought me back to the Aeron. I found a guy on craigslist selling one for $300, but it has non-adjustable armrests. According to the Aeron price list PDF, there is such a thing as an arm kit to retrofit it, but I can't find it online -- either from Herman Miller directly or elsewhere. Question: Does anyone know if it is possible to buy an adjustable arm kit to retrofit a fixed-arm Aeron?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Would a stool like this be feasible for long-term sitting?

http://www.humanscale.com/products/product_detail.cfm?group=FreedomSaddleSeat

I seem to always be at war with the arms and back of any chair I use long-term, and I'm thinking that maybe I could eliminate those entirely, and the slightly-leaning-forward posture would make a chair back unnecessary.

Or I could be totally wrong.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I used to work with HumanTouch and they're definitely legit. That lung chair looks weird though, why is it bigger on one side than the other?

Yeast Confection
Oct 7, 2005

prefect posted:

Would a stool like this be feasible for long-term sitting?

http://www.humanscale.com/products/product_detail.cfm?group=FreedomSaddleSeat

I seem to always be at war with the arms and back of any chair I use long-term, and I'm thinking that maybe I could eliminate those entirely, and the slightly-leaning-forward posture would make a chair back unnecessary.

Or I could be totally wrong.

I hope that it is feasible because I hate the backs and arms on all the chairs in the office. I can never seem to find anyone that's used a stool or a saddle-like chair for long sits.

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope

Scaramouche posted:

I used to work with HumanTouch and they're definitely legit. That lung chair looks weird though, why is it bigger on one side than the other?

Yeah, but HumanTouch is discontinuing it, and if you look it up on Youtube, a Korean company called Duoback is the developer. The clerk said that they were going to "find another distributor" for it, making me think that HumanTouch was just importing and rebadging it, and stopped for some reason. That, the complete lack of reviews or feedback online, makes me hesitant to plunk down so much money on it.

The lungs are the same size, just curved, so it looks lopsided in that picture.

EDIT: By the way, on Aeron chairs, is it possible to buy an adjustable arm kit to retrofit a fixed-arm model?

EDIT 2: Holy crap, I can get the lung chair for ~$250 from ebay if I search for the original Korean manufacturer, Duorest -- these things are $800 at the back store!

EDIT 3: I was wrong -- the ebay ones are the Dualinder Teen DR-750DS, which is a less fancy chair for kids. It may still be a decent chair, but I sent the guy a note asking if he can import the Adult Lung Chair.

Stabby McDamage fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 14, 2011

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Slightly-silly-but-kind-of-appealing stool alternative:

http://www.salli.com/en/Products/Chairs/Salli+Twin

sizerp
Dec 3, 2003
t3h pwn
Someone locally is selling an Embody for $750 ... if it were any cheaper I couldn't stop myself from picking it up, but still, that's a tempting price!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Just noticed this thread - I work for a factory rep for a mid-market office chair manufacturer. If anyone needs suggestions on chairs for specific ergonomic issues, like extra tall or oversized chairs, I can make some.

What's interesting in my industry is I see a LOT of people giving up their Aerons now. Many ergonomists hate it since it's so ergonomically out of date, and there's just no need to spend ~700 on a chair when you can get one just as good for $300-400 if you shop around.

If you have your heart set on a Aeron, go for it, but you can find another chair just as good for a lower price, since there's really nothing special about it other than its look (and the Herman Miller name) that can't be replicated in any other chair. (If you do want to spend a lot, get an Embody - it is genuinely an amazing chair, although still overpriced.)

That said, the Aeron was a great thing for the chair industry. It completely changed the way people thought about employee seating. All those other companies wouldn't be selling the way they are now if it hadn't become the symbol of the modern office.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Just picked up a Steelcase Leap (guessing it's V1 because the bottom of it says Nov 23 2005) for 150 in great condition. I have one at work and needed to replace my Office Max 100 dollar special because the thing is literally falling apart on me; there's vinyl bits EVERYWHERE.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Just noticed this thread - I work for a factory rep for a mid-market office chair manufacturer. If anyone needs suggestions on chairs for specific ergonomic issues, like extra tall or oversized chairs, I can make some.

What's interesting in my industry is I see a LOT of people giving up their Aerons now. Many ergonomists hate it since it's so ergonomically out of date, and there's just no need to spend ~700 on a chair when you can get one just as good for $300-400 if you shop around.

If you have your heart set on a Aeron, go for it, but you can find another chair just as good for a lower price, since there's really nothing special about it other than its look (and the Herman Miller name) that can't be replicated in any other chair. (If you do want to spend a lot, get an Embody - it is genuinely an amazing chair, although still overpriced.)

That said, the Aeron was a great thing for the chair industry. It completely changed the way people thought about employee seating. All those other companies wouldn't be selling the way they are now if it hadn't become the symbol of the modern office.

Care to suggest some Aeron alternatives? I'm all for ergonomic bliss at half the price!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

tripsevens posted:

Care to suggest some Aeron alternatives? I'm all for ergonomic bliss at half the price!
It's hard to recommend specific ones, especially because manufacturers and contract dealers vary from place to place in the USA, and you really have to try out a bunch of different chairs before you find one just right for you. There's really no one-size fits all.

The brand I work for - Office Master - is really drat good (in my biased opinion, obviously) for great prices, but outside of certain cricles in California they're not well known. And they don't do direct selling, so you'd have to buy online or find a local dealer. I'm not as familiar with other brands, and I hesitate to pimp them since it would come off as self-serving.

I can, however, make recommendations on what you should look for in a chair. Adjustment-wise, make sure it has:

Seat height adjustment
Seat depth adjustment (seat slider)
Back height adjustment (adjusts the position of the lumbar)
Back angle adjustment
Seat angle adjustment (independent of the back angle)

Something like the PT78 has all these, or the YS84 if you like mesh backs.

My advice: see if you can find an office furniture dealer in your area - not Office Max or Office Depot, but a smaller, specialty dealer that mostly services businesses. Many will have showrooms where you can go in and try out new and used chairs. Try some for a few minutes each, figuring out the adjustments, until you find one that fits you well. You don't need to spend more than $400, but be wary of anything that costs $200 or less - it might just be one of those crappy Office Max no-name-brand chairs.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 19, 2011

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Any suggestions for a dealer in the Toronto area would be welcomed warmly!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Twiin posted:

Can't help you with Canada. :/ Check local listings, Yelp and such for furniture warehouses. It's a pain, but buying a computer chair is not something you should rush into - you're parked in that thing for hours everyday, after all.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Twiin posted:

I googled "<My City, My State> office furniture" and it came up with a nice selection of local companies I had never heard of (read: not OfficeDepot). Called a few of them asking if they sell to individuals and not just business accounts, and now I'm in the process of working with one to find a chair that's actually going to fit me and hold up to long-term use. I'm already happy with the company and I haven't even bought anything yet.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

buying a computer chair is not something you should rush into - you're parked in that thing for hours everyday, after all.

Let me emphasize this point with an anecdote. My last chair was a $120 superstore piece of crap. Oh it looked nice, executive-style with a high back so I could lean back and rest my head when I was watching movies or whatever. It had a very nice looking seat, appearing very thick. What actually happened when I sat down was that the seat deflated like a balloon. This was by design; there were little vents on the sides of the cushion and everything. You can see examples in any office supply superstore.

Didn't seem like that big a deal. After all, the chair was comfortable at first. The big problem was that there was very little actual padding in the seat, and after a while it wore out and I was more or less sitting on the baseboard. My body is not excessively padded, so this meant my tailbone had some significant pressure on it. This eventually caused long-term damage and pain that I dealt with for about a year after ditching the chair.

I'm now prepared to spend more than a pittance on a chair that's going to fit and support me properly, and I recommend the same to anyone who sits for more than a few hours at a stretch. The price tags on good chairs hurt for someone like me, fairly recently out of university and not exactly flush with cash. But it's that or actively invite long-term injury and chronic pain, and I'm going to get enough of that as I simply age.

PlasticSpoon
Apr 2, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The brand I work for - Office Master - is really drat good (in my biased opinion, obviously) for great prices, but outside of certain cricles in California they're not well known. And they don't do direct selling, so you'd have to buy online or find a local dealer. I'm not as familiar with other brands, and I hesitate to pimp them since it would come off as self-serving.

I am looking for a new chair, this 8 year old Office Max is starting to do a number on my back, and I am far too young to have back issues from sitting in a chair.

I like the padded arm rests, adjustable if possible. I also like the stool bars to put my feet on. My limit is around $250. The CLS53 fits what I'm looking for, at least I think.

Is there any problem with this or is there any better options in the $250 range on your website? Also can I order directly from the site?

edit: Just thinking about it, and considering I do not have a laptop, I sit in this chair way too loving much.

PlasticSpoon fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Sep 23, 2011

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

PlasticSpoon posted:

I am looking for a new chair, this 8 year old Office Max is starting to do a number on my back, and I am far too young to have back issues from sitting in a chair.
Like I said we don't sell direct. You'd have to go through a dealer. PM me with your location and I'll send you more info.

None of our chairs actually come with armrests by default - the picture for the CLS line is misleading (I wish they would change it, but I don't control that). But ANY of the chairs you see there can have arms. You just have to specify which arms you want at time of sale.

Sorry if this seems like I'm selling chairs on the forum. Just so you guys know, my company only makes money on chairs sold in Northern CA, and it's only a tiny commission (we make our real money on big contract sales to businesses), and since I'm hourly I don't actually see any of that. It just happens that I know this brand the best and I wanted to help you guys out, so it's the one I'm recommending.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 23, 2011

SMLJ
Sep 7, 2010

Stabby McDamage posted:

Yeah, but HumanTouch is discontinuing it, and if you look it up on Youtube, a Korean company called Duoback is the developer. The clerk said that they were going to "find another distributor" for it, making me think that HumanTouch was just importing and rebadging it, and stopped for some reason. That, the complete lack of reviews or feedback online, makes me hesitant to plunk down so much money on it.

The lungs are the same size, just curved, so it looks lopsided in that picture.

EDIT: By the way, on Aeron chairs, is it possible to buy an adjustable arm kit to retrofit a fixed-arm model?

EDIT 2: Holy crap, I can get the lung chair for ~$250 from ebay if I search for the original Korean manufacturer, Duorest -- these things are $800 at the back store!

EDIT 3: I was wrong -- the ebay ones are the Dualinder Teen DR-750DS, which is a less fancy chair for kids. It may still be a decent chair, but I sent the guy a note asking if he can import the Adult Lung Chair.

I remember seeing that weird lung chair once, along with some crazy price tag around $1200 or somewhere in that range. So did you get it in the end? How do the lung-like back cushions work out?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

SMLJ posted:

I remember seeing that weird lung chair once, along with some crazy price tag around $1200 or somewhere in that range. So did you get it in the end? How do the lung-like back cushions work out?
What bugs me about that chair is I only see an up-down mechanism. That's pretty crappy, there's no seat or back tilt, let alone a seat depth slider.

Maybe there are on the $1200 models? Not that you should ever pay that much for a chair...

hbf
Jul 26, 2003
No Dice.
Checked the Seattle website from the first page or two (http://nwresourcer.com) and they have both Steelcase Criterion and the KI Engage. I need a chair and the price is right ($135 each). Any thoughts on the engage? Can't find much about it other than the manufacturer website.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

hbf posted:

Checked the Seattle website from the first page or two (http://nwresourcer.com) and they have both Steelcase Criterion and the KI Engage. I need a chair and the price is right ($135 each). Any thoughts on the engage? Can't find much about it other than the manufacturer website.

I've been trying to get in touch with the guy that runs that site for weeks to look at some of those chairs. :(

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sadly a lot of those dealers aren't really interested in talking with you if you only are buying one chair. You really aren't worth their time - their profit margins on a single chair are pretty small, so they have to sell 100s of chairs at a time to make a profit. Keep calling around until you find someone who will let you come in and try one out.

That said, I don't really see what sets that chair apart from other $100-range chairs. It's nice that the back height adjusts, but there's no tilt or seat slider, which I consider key adjustments for ergonomic support. If you're looking for a chair in that price range there's really no need to lock on to one particular brand, they're all pretty much going to be the same. So I would suggest hitting up the nearest used furniture warehouse and picking up whatever fits you best there.

hbf
Jul 26, 2003
No Dice.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Sadly a lot of those dealers aren't really interested in talking with you if you only are buying one chair. You really aren't worth their time - their profit margins on a single chair are pretty small, so they have to sell 100s of chairs at a time to make a profit. Keep calling around until you find someone who will let you come in and try one out.

That said, I don't really see what sets that chair apart from other $100-range chairs. It's nice that the back height adjusts, but there's no tilt or seat slider, which I consider key adjustments for ergonomic support. If you're looking for a chair in that price range there's really no need to lock on to one particular brand, they're all pretty much going to be the same. So I would suggest hitting up the nearest used furniture warehouse and picking up whatever fits you best there.

So I am confused by this. It seems like the chair does do those things. and they both retail for around 700. The chairs I have seen for around 100 at furniture warehouses don't seem to be close in quality to these and are more like office depot type stuff.

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope

SMLJ posted:

I ended up getting a fully-loaded Aeron for $300 off craigslist.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What bugs me about that chair is I only see an up-down mechanism. That's pretty crappy, there's no seat or back tilt, let alone a seat depth slider.

Maybe there are on the $1200 models? Not that you should ever pay that much for a chair...

It actually has all those adjustments, including the seat depth slider, and was quite comfortable in the store.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

hbf posted:

So I am confused by this. It seems like the chair does do those things. and they both retail for around 700. The chairs I have seen for around 100 at furniture warehouses don't seem to be close in quality to these and are more like office depot type stuff.
I'm looking at this PDF: http://asint2.ki.com/PROD/PKB/cstmr...20Sellsheet.pdf

I see it does have seat depth, I missed that before. I still don't see a seat tilt or back tilt however, where are you seeing that?

I wasn't talking about the Criterion however. It's a good chair, but hilariously overpriced at $700-1200. If you can get it for a lot less than that, go for it.

Stabby McDamage posted:

It actually has all those adjustments, including the seat depth slider, and was quite comfortable in the store.
I was looking at the ones on the eBay page. They must be an older model or something because they only have the one paddle in the picture. I was thrown off because there are knobs instead of levers that controls those functions. If that is a good chair, then I guess it's a pretty good deal.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 28, 2011

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

Fuzz1111 posted:

Um this is my computer chair:

Incase the seatbelt buckle doesn't give it away, that's a carseat mounted atop the base of a cheap computer chair.
Been a while since I made that, and since some people in this thread have talked about doing something similar I thought I'd give an update.

It's still the best loving computer chair I've ever used, I can sit in that thing 8 hours a time without feeling the slightest discomfort and I've gone through a quite few chairs at work trying to find something as nice, or atleast as supportive (this place used to have a lot more people so there's tons of spare chairs to try).

Only problems are the weight (at a guess it's atleast 25kg - and its almost impossible to raise it without getting off first because you have to give piston some assistance) and the cheap office chair base is very slightly angled to the side (it's probably always been that way, only you don't notice it when the rest of the chair is as awful as the one that base came from. Once I get around to it fix it with a few spacers/washers).

Few things to be aware of if you choose to make something like this:
  • Get the right carseat, and think about how it will be once it's an extra foot off the floor. Mine has two base height settings you can use to control the angle of the base, this helps a lot because the connection to office chair base is likely to leave it at a different angle how it is in the car (and you will want to change the angle anyway because the change of distance from floor means the angle of your legs will be different). You can get this adjustment with spacers (or other alterations to the connection with office-chair base) obviously, but, put it this way - I change that base-angle almost anytime I change back-angle.
  • Consider carefully how you are going to connect it, if you ditch the rails (or get a seat without them) you might lose some adjustments. One you'll definitely be without is forward-backward - this may seem like a stupid adjustment to keep until you think about where your centre-of-gravity will be if you decide use this thing like a recliner. If you keep the rails then in all likelyhood you will have to remove the brackets that go between rails and car (and as mentioned in my previous post it can be a bitch of a task).
  • Related to above, but consider where the lowest height setting of office chair base is going to leave you sitting once you take into account how it's mounted. Mine is quite high, and I like it but it wouldn't fit under my desk if it were as low as some desks are.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

Maneki Neko posted:

I've been trying to get in touch with the guy that runs that site for weeks to look at some of those chairs. :(

He's got an ad up right now, if I've done my detecting correctly.

I'm looking for my fourth chair in two years; the first was a HM Equa, which was horrible and gave me a giant stictch in my side. Is this going to be comparable to say, a Mirra?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

King of Gulps posted:

He's got an ad up right now, if I've done my detecting correctly.

I'm looking for my fourth chair in two years; the first was a HM Equa, which was horrible and gave me a giant stictch in my side. Is this going to be comparable to say, a Mirra?

Yeah, I've called/emailed him a number of times, just never anything back.

hbf
Jul 26, 2003
No Dice.

Maneki Neko posted:

Yeah, I've called/emailed him a number of times, just never anything back.

edit: he just got back to me. He is out of the country until October 3rd, but will respond to calls then.

hbf fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 28, 2011

Aleks_r
May 13, 2005

Fili Dilecti Sanctae Barbarae
What you ought to get, is this bad boy right here: http://kob.be-ge.se/index.php?page=...mid=122&lang=en
The Be-Ge 852 24h. We have those at work, and they are infinitely comfortable. It probably costs a fortune, and does not look as sexy as the Aeron but it is designed specifically for operators that have to sit in their chair for extended periods of time (up to and beyond 24 hours).

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I was looking at the ones on the eBay page. They must be an older model or something because they only have the one paddle in the picture. I was thrown off because there are knobs instead of levers that controls those functions. If that is a good chair, then I guess it's a pretty good deal.

Yeah, the ebay guy is selling the "teen" version of the lung chair, which you can find in a separate place on the manufacturer page. The Alpha is the flagship chair from that company, and has every knob and slider you could imagine. Still, I'm fine with my used Aeron for half that price.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

After reading this thread and a bit of research, went and ordered a Herman Miller SAYL. $400 shipped is reasonable enough that I won't be crushed if I later find out I like something else more and use it at home or something.
I've been sitting in generic garbage office chairs for far too long, and I think (sadly) this will be the best chair in my entire office by far.

evlbstrd
Jan 9, 2005
Opportunity to snatch up cheap Aeron. Size B is ideal for me but the chair is size C. Is there any dramatic problems with using a chair one size larger?

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
The alternative to anything is nothing.
Is there anywhere I can grab a decent chair for <$300 in the Bay Area?

I've looked on craigslist and saw the Leap V2 going for $295 but I'm wondering if anybody knows any more reputable places.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

If you can sit in it and function test it before you buy, then I wouldn't shy away from CL chairs. Last night I picked up 2 Herman Miller Mirra chairs for $300. Now my home office and front room have computer chairs as durable and comfortable as the ones at work. I lucked out big time, as this was easily $1400 worth of chairs.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Cause of this thread I went and bought an Office Master OM5 for my wife because her office chair was godawful and she wanted us to have identical chairs in our home office. I knew I didn't want another crappy Office Max chair and while a used Aeron was tempting, there weren't many in the area and after having nice ones at work I'd be too particular to find two of them easily. So we went with getting a brand spanking new OM5 with warranty for around the same price as a used Aeron.

I have to say she's had the thing for a little over a month now and she loves it, and I do too. I was worried at first because I'm used to using an Aeron at work and in the Aeron the whole seat bottom + back can rotate backwards when you lean back, and I rather like it at work. Meanwhile the OM5 only has the back rotate backwards while the seat actually slides forward, it's supposedly better for ergonomics but I was worried that in long usage it'd be annoying.

Turns out after doing a massive BF3 session the past two days while I was out sick that the issue is really a non-issue. It's great for prolonged usage, as it should be, and is also great when just using while browsing the 'net and/or playing a game.

Now I can't wait till Christmas when she's going to buy me one for my present cause she keeps on getting mad at me for 'borrowing/test driving' her chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
The alternative to anything is nothing.

Turnquiet posted:

If you can sit in it and function test it before you buy, then I wouldn't shy away from CL chairs. Last night I picked up 2 Herman Miller Mirra chairs for $300. Now my home office and front room have computer chairs as durable and comfortable as the ones at work. I lucked out big time, as this was easily $1400 worth of chairs.

Yep. I got the Leap for $300 and it's a lot more comfortable than other office chairs I've used. Only inconvenience was driving 100 miles round-trip to get it.