Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

DangerZoneDelux posted:

The box is amazing and my kids enjoyed it as well. I have the same color embody and you can't really tell it's the gamer version plus it was hard to beat for $1438 after tax. Hopefully you asked them for a 20% coupon to order direct too

I did not initially, thank you for bringing this up! I contacted support and they credited me $478. Hard to complain about that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Any recommendations for someone who is super short? Family member is 4'9", works from home, is constantly having to choose between having their feet on the floor or their arms level with the desk. Have already put in a sit/stand desk. Is this a situation where a chair with the leg/footrests might be a good idea?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

Any recommendations for someone who is super short? Family member is 4'9", works from home, is constantly having to choose between having their feet on the floor or their arms level with the desk. Have already put in a sit/stand desk. Is this a situation where a chair with the leg/footrests might be a good idea?

How low does the standing desk get? There are some that can get as low as ~22.5". If you don't want to buy another desk, then yeah, try out a foot rest.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

5'2 here and been kinda struggling with similar.

Could try an Aeron A - they go as low as 14.4in for the seat height. I haven't used it personally, but I've got an aeron b which also goes pretty low (14.8 apparently) but the arm rests might be too wide spaced or something because somethin just doesn't feel quite right with for me, so I'm hesitating a bit on personally seeking out an A in case the arm rest is more of a style/shape issue, but it was definitely easier to get my feet flat.

Feels like most chairs' lower adjustment is around 16in, and I've been having a hard time finding other options with low seats but still have good other adjustments - SteelCase's Leap V2 lets the seat go down to 15.5, but then the arm rests don't seem like they adjust all that low, particularly compared to HM's Embody or Aeron.

Speaking of, the Embody has a lower adjustment cylinder that brings it down to 15in, but that needs to be special ordered, and I found with the regular 16in cylinder that it somehow felt "higher" then my Steelcase Series 1 which has a lowest adjust of 16.5.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

DangerZoneDelux posted:

The box is amazing and my kids enjoyed it as well. I have the same color embody and you can't really tell it's the gamer version plus it was hard to beat for $1438 after tax. Hopefully you asked them for a 20% coupon to order direct too

is this valid with the spring sale prices? just picked one up and it was listed 20% off but was more like $1600 after tax, dunno if they bumped up retail ahead of the sale