Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Costco sells two Herman Miller Chairs right now:

TaskPointe $329 http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11603373&whse=BC
Equa XR $379 for large http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11300625

Any experiences/thoughts with these near-luxury chairs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
For anyone in the LA area, I found a warehouse that's selling Leaps for $229. I'll check it out and report back.

The only problem is that it's in West Compton, so if you don't hear for me, I may have died for your furniture needs.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Why not just buy a decent used chair from Craigslist and sell it for $50 less in a year?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

rawrr posted:

used leaps are a dime a dozen from office furniture liquidators

Yep, I picked up this ugly green Leap for $229 from an liquidator here in California.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I'm pretty happy with the Leap but I think I'm slouching just to get my eyes level with my monitors, which are about a foot under my eye level. I'm guessing a monitor stand is recommended?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Moecat posted:

I've decided to go for the Steelcase Leap, I'll have to buy it "blind" so to speak because there is no chance in hell of finding on to sit on around these parts.
My question is that I'm not sure if I should go for the leather model, or the fabric one, which is slightly cheaper.

I know that this won't magically fix my lovely posture, but maybe having a chair that I can lean back in (my chair stopped doing that years ago) , and not worry about toppling over due to missing wheels may encourage me.

I bought a used fabric leap for $229 and it's actually solved 80% of my back problems compared to my previous chair, a Herman Miller Caper.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

converge posted:

Do they have Herman Miller office chairs at Design Within Reach?

Yes, go check it out.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Can't wait to sit on the Herman Miller Roster Update 2014!!

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
That's a 28 BMI which is technically overweight by the simplest metric we use here at our medical clinic.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Steve Martin posted:

I just bought this chair a couple of months ago and it's the best chair I've ever owned. They are having a sale on it right now:

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Osgood-Bonded-Leather-Managers-High-Back-Chair-Brown/product_416523

That looks like it would be comfortable while sitting back and firing someone sitting across the desk from you, but would lack support for computing 8 hours a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Some are legit, some are not. Just like anything else on Craigslist, there are deals to be had, but buyer beware.