Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

njsykora posted:

Got a very large chair.

More things should come in mint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

So I've been using this Steelcase Gesture for about a year now and...

I'm not sure if I like it. No matter how hard I try to find the right position or adjust the seat, I can't sit comfortably on it for an extended period of time without my tailbone feeling sore.

I'm not sure what else to do but call it quits and see if I can get a new chair. My desk it at a height such that for my arms to comfortably rest on it the chair needs to be at a height where my feet can't reach the floor. I've been using a box as a sort of foot rest. Should I try adjusting it some more? If not, what would be a replacement chair for someone not satisfied by the Gesture?

You can try not using the arm rests. It's also possible it just isn't for you, I never did manage to get the Embody I had to work for me.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

tehinternet posted:

I sit in a big chair with your wife too :coal:

Yes well I use your big chair as a wife.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Don't listen to the people saying it's fine. It's not fine and you're a monster for liking it and should feel bad if you can't afford a $1,000 chair.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 25, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Stressless recliners are comfy.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 17, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

All these terrible broken people saying that the Embody is better that the Gesture. Lol. Freaks I say!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Zarin posted:

:haibrower:

The value of this thread is not in the journey, but the destination.

If and when you ever have the opportunity to sit in a Not-Gesture, we will finally be able to meet as equals and embrace as brothers.

I owned an Embody before the Gesture and it was never comfortable. Now don't you feel stupid? You should you big dumb dumb.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Zarin posted:

Joke's on you, I'm too dumb to feel stupid.

Also I think that isn't actually true.

Well you can read my post history and I also probably posted a picture of it in the desk thread. Maybe I'm just trying to gaslight you all and trying to hide the truth that the yoga ball is the superior chair. Think about it, bouncy, comes in many colors, affordable.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 21, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Amnomia posted:

is this the best chair?

No. Also yes. Depends on the person. I could never get comfortable in it but it's the threads favorite.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I like the Gesture more than the uncomfortable icky Embody. I'm 6'1-6'2 depending on whose measuring and how straight I'm standing, 205 pounds.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 15, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Don't be fooled the embody is bad and only mutant freaks like it. Back back to the toxic waste fields with you!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

corgski posted:

My job just gave me permission to buy a new desk chair with the caveat that it has to be something Office Depot sells. So no Steelcase or Herman Miller. Any other brands I should be looking at?

You could try the Humanscale Freedom but it's very likely you won't like it.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Mar 17, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The thing about the Embody that this thread sometimes neglects is that it isn't the end all and be all of chairs. I never found mine comfortable, and have had better luck with the Gesture. I also kind of like the Humanscale freedom which only I seem to like.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Welp, I ordered the Embody gaming chair. I hope I don't hate it.

Kibner posted:

i did the same for my partner. should have a good return policy so i'm not that pressed if she doesn't love it. can always try something else.

I didn't like the Embody so I assume everybody who says they do is lying to themselves as to not appear weird. So if you/they do like it, you/they are weird.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Zarin posted:

I actually hated it the first time I sat in it. Incredibly disappointing experience.

Turns out, it was just configured hilariously incorrectly for me. A buddy of similar height/build had me sit in his and it was amazing . . . so much so I ended up buying it off him :v:

TenementFunster posted:

the chair has so much adjustment so the only hard part is getting properly adjusted. a literal skill issue.

I thought this may be the case but I gave it a good long try thinking eh maybe with one more adjustment it'll work for me! Eventually I gave up. Anyway it's nice that hideous monsters can have a chair they find comfortable. Maybe I'll try again as there's one being unused.