Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My roommate bought me a new office chair for Christmas, which is super nice of him. The chair itself is good, but I can't bear to tell him the gas cylinder is garbage and the chair slowly sinks even when I'm not sitting in it.

Does the PVC pipe hack work okay? I'm thinking of just doing that, but I'm worried it might feel weird to sit on that. Should I just buy a replacement cylinder? If so, any recommended brands? I'm around 260 lbs, which probably matters a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

If it's a month old then put a warranty claim in, nobody is going to be offended that their gift broke

Yeah, I guess I should just ask him. I checked their Amazon page and it looks like you have to contact the seller for replacement details. They don't have a website.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

well there’s your problem

Hey, real fuckin' cool, thanks, I'll work on that. In the meantime do you have advice?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

DangerZoneDelux posted:

If it’s brand new seems weird to replace yourself unless you been throwing yourself down on it when sitting
Anyway i am your weight and used this https://a.co/d/hPUMPyh

Thanks! I'll keep this one in mind.

The chair company is in China and apparently you have to pay to ship the chair back for a warranty replacement, so it isn't worth trying to replace the whole thing.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Thanks for the added advice. My roommate is gonna get in touch with the company since he has the actual order info and explain it to them. Hopefully they will just ship us a new cylinder. :thumbsup:

TenementFunster posted:

google “bariatric office chairs”

Holy poo poo, nice rap sheet. :fuckoff: