Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone know of a good computer chair with arms for under $100? I have this cheap mesh one but I kind of leaned on the arm too much and it literally ripped itself off from the bottom plate (like I think the metal where the soldier was connected to snapped), and the screws holding the armrests in keep getting loose and I can't really lean back in it much.

I just need something for home to be comfy in. Sometimes I like to sit indian style in my chair too which isn't quite wide enough for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I was looking into getting a "gaming computer" chair but IDK which one to get to be quite honest.

The chair I have now does not have a good backing, the back bends backwards, and I was hoping for a chair where I have to sit up straight in it?

I'm not huge wide, and idk if anyone else does this, but I love sitting cross legged in chairs, so it being a little wide enough to do that is nice. I'm also avg height, taller torso and shorter legs I suppose.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

AlternateAccount posted:

Don't ever use WD40 for lubrication purposes. For getting chewing gum out of hair? Great. But not for lube.

:psyduck:

Well I learned something new today.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

isndl posted:

WD40 is fine for lubricating something like a stuck bolt which is a quick temporary job, but it's not going to be lubricating anything once it evaporates. That's why you want to use proper lubricants for long term stuff since the oil/grease lasts practically forever.

I just used WD40 to unfuck bike chains or on rusted things, though I see what you're saying.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How are SecretLab chairs? rip off or good enough?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Got this for $137 after taxes and discounts, should come in today (next day shipping? someone wanted to clean out a warehouse of this)
https://www.staples.com/staples-vartan-gaming-chair-white/product_24422620

I guess we'll see if it's an improvement over mine

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I got it today. Was expecting half the screws to be threaded the wrong way and pieces to be missing but thankfully not. Seems comfortable.

Forcing me to sit up straight instead of slouch, which was the intended purpose

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

nut up and go full Wall-E imho

I've seen this on tiktok and I want it

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

a dingus posted:

Does that thing move around like an electric wheelchair? I would hate to use that thing, every time you needed to get up you'd smash your head or you monitors.

You should probably update your human OS is your legs are working independently of your torso

Edit: the top part can be moved up with a button so you can get out

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

any decent chair with arms for under a hundred? Or are they all the same at that price point

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

That sucks, I don't feel like chairs are worth $500-1500 either, unless one of them will last 20 years ($75/year of value out of a $1500 chair)

I've used $500? chairs at work and those things last 2-3 years at best before there's something wrong with it. Maybe I should just get a wooden chair haha

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

no

they are; they will

Ah well, maybe in the future I'll be able to afford it then. I can't really afford even the $900 for a while for an open box on ebay, too much all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Looks swanky at least