Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ample
Dec 26, 2007

Niwrad posted:

I've had a Mirra for about 6 years and love it. It takes a little while to get used to but will feel like a glove within a week. The most important aspect of Herman Miller chairs is the warranty. It's really remarkable. I've had two problems, both my own doing and they fixed it no questions asked.

Is the warranty really worth it though. I always see "open boxed" "like new" aerons on craigs list from $399 to $800. I'm in desperate need of a chair but the warranty literarily doubles the costs of it. The computer chair for the computer is going to end up costing more than the computer itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ample
Dec 26, 2007

Pendragon posted:

While a chair may cost more than a computer, it should last a lot longer than a computer as well. The warranty on an Aeron is 12 years. Leap's warranty ranges from 5 years on the fabric to 10 years for the pneumatic cylinder to a lifetime warranty on the structure components.

I never thought to look at it from that perspective. With a 12 year warranty the investment seems worth it. We have a few Aeron chairs at work that I really like though I've never sat in a leap before. Do you like one more than the other?