Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya

trinary posted:

Has anyone heard good or bad things about the new Sayl chair from Herman Miller? Supposedly it's shipping soon ("early 2011") and the price is a bit easier to stomach than the Aeron or Embody.

http://www.hermanmiller.com/Products/SAYL-Chairs starts at $399 new, movable whatsits add some to the cost. I've been looking for local deals on good chairs for a little while and haven't had much luck, if I want to get something soon it'll probably end up being full price, not sure if the Sayl is worth a second look.
My mom recently bought an Embody and surprisingly sitting in a chair for hours doesn't make me feel tired like usual. I still have an Office Depot chair from high school so I was also looking at the Sayl since the price is a lot better. Looks like it's too new for reviews online though, I'll have to find a store to try it out myself. I love the idea of modeling it after the Golden Gate Bridge, it's so appealing since I live in SF :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
I went to Room&Board this weekend to try out all the Herman Miller chairs, and really liked the new Sayl chair. It's the cheapest HM chair which is great, and I preferred its stiff support over some of the others. (Well, I liked the Embody too but this one is <500.) The store didn't have the colors I wanted so I placed my order from Herman Miller online.

Now just waiting 5/17...

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
I've had the Herman Miller SAYL chair for a month and like it a lot so far. I prefer a slightly stiffer chair to a cushy chair, and I think the SAYL is perfect (also cheap). I'm also very short though so I'm not sure how giant goons will fit in it.