Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Welp, I ordered the Embody gaming chair. I hope I don't hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

dreesemonkey posted:

Welp, I ordered the Embody gaming chair. I hope I don't hate it.

Chair came. Initial impressions are good, I do not hate it. Immediately noticed the support for my lower back, which I think I needed most.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Oxyclean posted:

Did you get it from HM directly? That seemed fast - maybe it's cause I'm in Canada but the website lists multiple week lead times, and my experience ordering through a local dealer was about accurate to that.

Yes HM directly, US here.

I specifically ordered the gaming version because it was in stock, vs. 3 week lead time for the normal embody I customized with a different color frame/fabric. I liked the gaming version enough (and to be fair it's pretty subtle) that I'd rather have 3 less weeks of lower back pain.

A picture of it in its natural environment (me posting):

Fun anecdote: You know it's a "if you have to ask the price" site because when I ordered the chair it did not give me an actual total price until the payment cleared/order went through. The final "let's verify your order" step was "welp here is the retail price, don't worry about tax and shipping costs." First time I've ever seen something like that, kind of funny. I expect the typical HM customer's personal assistant ordering something is not bothered by trivial things like money.

Also worth noting that it comes in a gigantic box that my daughter was very happy with. Requires no assembly at all.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

DangerZoneDelux posted:

The box is amazing and my kids enjoyed it as well. I have the same color embody and you can't really tell it's the gamer version plus it was hard to beat for $1438 after tax. Hopefully you asked them for a 20% coupon to order direct too

I did not initially, thank you for bringing this up! I contacted support and they credited me $478. Hard to complain about that!