Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Thinking of getting an Aeron Classic, at 6'3" I almost certainly want the Size C right?

Unfortunately I can't find anywhere to try one around here so I need goonpinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I measured the distance from the back of my knee to my back while sitting and got 53cm, and the Classic spec sheet says the C seat is 47cm deep, so I guess that answers my question

The B at 43cm sounds far too shallow for me

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

HM actually have a size guide and it slaps me into the B or C category but 0.3lbs away from the C category.
https://www.hermanmiller.com/content/dam/hermanmiller/documents/product_literature/other/ap_sizefitref_aeron_chairs.pdf

Yeah I saw that, it's worth noting that the Classic has a different size guide though

https://www.hermanmiller.com/content/dam/hermanmiller/documents/product_literature/other/ap_sizefitref_classic_aeron_chairs.pdf

The one you linked is for the Remastered

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

repiv posted:

Thinking of getting an Aeron Classic, at 6'3" I almost certainly want the Size C right?

Unfortunately I can't find anywhere to try one around here so I need goonpinions

ok i finally stopped putting this off and the size c was definitely the way to go, it's just right

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i also ended up hating the aeron i got and sent it back

ended up with the haworth fern and it's bretty good

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

no idea what the stock castors on that chair are like but if they're not soft enough you can just replace them with these rubber ones

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Including-Hardwood-Rollerblade-Replacement/dp/B07FP56VND

nearly all chairs (except ikea ones) use the same castor fitting

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i have one, finding it much more comfortable than the leap (due to the breathable back) and aeron (due to being more flexible and forgiving) i tried previously

feels solid, overall it's very similar to the leap in design and construction aside from the mesh back

i have the version without the extra aggressive lumbar support and it works for me but YMMV

the main compromise is that the forward tilt implementation is half assed, only the seat tips forward, it doesn't bring the back with it like the aeron does

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

mine has the standard mesh back, i assume the digital knit version will trap more heat for better or worse depending on your climate

the mesh is comfortable, it's not rigid like the aeron, it's a softer material supported by a flexible plastic frame kind of like a poor man's embody

repiv fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 28, 2023

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i'm 6'3 and the ferns back is suitably high, if you're still considering that

e: oh i missed that you ordered one

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

fern buddies :hfive:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

how budget is "budget", the haworth fern i've been shilling is quite a bit cheaper than the embody but not exactly cheap in absolute terms either (it's currently discounted to £750 on haworths own store)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i have the version without the lumbar upgrade - the frame itself has a lumbar curve built-in, but the upgrade makes it more aggressive and adds vertical adjustment

it works for me but how much lumbar you want is a personal preference thing, IIRC one of the BTOD guys actually preferred the version without the extra lumbar having tested both

i'm tall so i skipped right over the zody, the backrest isn't high enough

repiv fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 7, 2023

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

What's the ideal option if weight limit is a concern?

how much weight specifically? any of the general common recommendations will handle at least 300lbs

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

jaete posted:

I looked at these Bekant things but for some reason they, as a lot of other contemporary tables, only have two proper legs instead of four, and the reviews say they are a bit wobbly as a result. A puzzling trend, it seems that something like 90% of all desks these days are two-legged. I would have thought sturdiness (= 4 legs) would be like... the whole point of a desk? :confused:

quad-leg standing desks exist but they're considerably more expensive than the dual-leg ones, and there aren't very many options in the UK currently

flexispot UK has a couple, the E2Q (two motors driving two legs each) and the E7Q (quad motor, hella expensive)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Embody prices are a laughingstock. How about the Haworth fern

it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jiro posted:

Love my Fern bought it during Black Friday month, digital mesh padding breathes super well, I also got the lumbar support, back feels loving great and I can sit in it for hours. I do wish the armrests would lock into place, and a built in head rest when I've leaned back in full recline.

atlas sells an adapter which lets you put one of their aeron headrests on the fern, if you're so inclined