Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
Which of the Herman Miller chairs do you guys think is the most ergonomic? And are they at all comfy?
I live in Germany and dont know any chance to try them out and sit in them.

And do you really get a new Aeron for like 600$ in the USA? Here you need to pay atleast 1400$ for the basic Aeron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
Aeron Chair with PostureFit or lumbar support?
The lumbar thingy just looks like a huge plastic box, is it at all useful?

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
How hard is the Aeron?
My rear end is somewhat sensitive and hates to sit on a hard surface.
On my cheap chair i even use a blanket or i cant sit longer than an hour on it!

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
Is the Leap V2 really that good? It really looks like an cheap chair that you could get in every store.
I'm living in Germany and got no chance to sit in one. I just found some used Leap on Ebay for 357euro, and im thinking of just buying it.
Aerons are really expensive here, a new one costs like 1400euro. :(

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
There are different Leaps like Executive Premium etc.
The only one i can buy used is the Standard, heres a picture:

Are there any important differences between the Leaps or is it more about design? And how important is a headrest for ergonomical sitting?

And what do you guys think about the Herman Miller Embody?

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
Thanks for the answers guys!

Now im really thinking about buying a new Embody.
I'm really envy how cheap all chairs are in the US, i need to pay 2100$ here in Germany for a new Embody. :(
Atleast it got 12 years warranty.

It really sucks that i only can order online, so i got no chance to try out the chair. But with all the adjustable settings i hope its not gonna be a problem.

Ah btw i checked out how much a new Leap would cost here: WHOPPING 2650$.

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
drat it, i cant fuckin decide which chair i should buy.
Atleast im pretty sure that i will choose a Herman Miller, a Steelcase Leap is too expensive here in Germany (2500$).
As i said before, i cant try out the chairs because there is not one lovely local dealer who got Miller chairs, so i just read hours and hours of internet reviews.

Aeron: 1650$. many reviewer complain of numbness in the legs. im dealing with that with my lovely cheap chair too, so that could be a problem. and some say that the ergonomic design of the aeron is just outdated.
Mirra: 1250$. less complains about numbness but the back mesh seems to be more stiff and not that comfortable.
Embody: 2100$. that seems to be the ultimate chair with almost no complains at all. the only thing is ITS FUCKIN EXPENSIVE!

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
I know. Trying the chairs out before buying would be pretty nice. I just got no option for that. :(

Maybe someone with my bodytype got some experience with the chairs?
5'10, 155lbs, and i got a hollow back (is that the right english word? lol)

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
I got the Herman Miller Mirra for like half an year now.
And now im getting problems with my butt and my legs. The cushion is too hard for me and my legs are getting numb because of the edge i guess.

Does anyone know a good cushion i could put on the chair? Maybe these cushions for wheelchairs?

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011

ILikeVoltron posted:

Don't, throw the drat thing away. See my post on this page for reference.

That fuckin char costs me 1200$, drat it.
I read that you can remove the front cushion on the Aeron and that makes it better. Maybe that would work on the Mirra too?

drat FUCKIN CHAIRS

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
The Mirra only comes in one size and I'm 5'11, so totally average height.
It really pisses me off, here in Germany all the known chairs like Miller, Steelcase etc are sooo expensive. :(

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

The Mirra comes in one size, but it also has adjustable seat depth as a standard option. If the front edge of the seat digs into your knees then you need to shorten the seat - assuming some cheapskate didn't remove the option.

Also, if you paid $1200 for a Mirra you were savagely ripped off. Showroom price in the UK is only about $1000 equivalent. I got mine online for $850 equivalent.

I already got the front edge on the shortest setting.I don't even think its the hard plastic edge that fucks up my legs, The mesh front itself is just somewhat harder and higher than the rest.
And yes in Germany you get ripped off for chairs. That was the cheapest i found after two weeks of searching. You should see the prices for a Aeron or a Steelcase Leap..

johnnyXcrane fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 6, 2013

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
Now i got a blanket on the seat. That seems to help right now.
I'm still not sure what the right height is for me, but yeah i was lookin for a height adjustable desk too.
My desk got a height of like 29.5 inches. So i need to sit pretty high on the chair to reach the mouse/keyboard.

The Ikea Galant desks are height adjustable and are pretty cheap. Anyone got one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
Okay gently caress it. I have a Herman Miller Mirra since 1 year and it kills my thighs. And i'm not the only one with that problem if i google the problem.
I really need a different chair.
You guys think the Leap is a good option for me? I can't try it out before ordering..