Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I am in need of a new computer chair, and I didn't see an appropriate thread or forum. Since some of us spend 4 hours or longer each day sitting in a chair in front of the computer, I figure it would be worthwhile to ask. Here is what I am looking for:

- Adjustable height, pretty standard on almost any office chair.
- Comfortable, given here.
- Metal arm rests? I have had a cheap leather chair from Office Depot in the past that have had the plastic arms eventually break off. It might have just been the chair itself, but if metal covered with faux leather or fabric doesn't add much to the price
- Good price. Not so much a budget, but nothing overpriced, gimmicky, etc. I'd like a chair for cheap, but a sturdy one.

- Leans forward as well as back. I don't see this too often, so I guess this is optional.

I guess the standard offerings in this category as far as online dealers go include Staples, Office Depot, Costco, Ikea. Any others? How about sites with frequent sales/coupons/other good deals?

Maybe we need a Furniture Funhouse sub forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ragzilla posted:

Here's 80% of the probable answers in this thread: Aeron, Steelcase Leap (although I'm a fan of the Steelcase Criteron myself).

Try to find them used locally, they'll last forever.

Those chairs look amazing, but too rich for what I am looking to spend right now, at least as far as the new price goes. Do these show up on Craigslist often? Or with huge (30, 40, 50%) price breaks or sales?