Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I've been looking at a new chair that has replace the old used Aeron I have(and is totally broken and the wrong size for me), and I think I have settled on the Embody. Are those one size fits all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

My chair is fully broken, so I gave up and bought a gaming Embody online. It won't arrive until February. Argh. I'm in the Seattle region, do dealers carry stock in store or would I still be held to a very long delivery time?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

My Embody arrives today, about a month earlier than I originally expected! Which is great because my hand me down Aeron has literally fallen apart.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

FedEx left my Embody in front of my garage without saying anything after dusk, I only saw it on accident when I decided to go to the store right before a rainstorm.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

TenementFunster posted:

i would have stolen it, as it is a most excellent chair!

fedex and ups drivers are so loving overworked and every second of their shift is scrutinized to the point that special requests (especially for something as big as an embody) are often overloooked due to lack of time. i’m sure the nationwide expectation of 2-day Treat Delivery has made their lives hell

I'm sitting in it now. I love it.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

There have been some studies that indicate you get better sleep when the temperature is around 60 - 65 F: https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/cant-sleep-adjust-the-temperature

I need it to be cold like that temperature to sleep, so agreed.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I have a Logitech embody from when they were on a massive sale, and it is amazing. It removed the back pain I was experiencing and is very comfortable. Highly recommended.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Just posting to say that 8 months later I still love my Embody and it blows my old hand me down Aeron out of the water.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

After buying an Embody 18 or so months ago, my back has gone from random pains and occasional days of not being able to sit and work to having literally zero issues. It was 100% worth the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Rawrbomb posted:

Are you ignoring the fact its built like a tank, and comes with a decade warranty?

Those lovely OfficeMax chairs die in like 18-24 months, and still cost 250-300~ for a decent one. Why would you want to spend 300 every 2~ years, instead of 1500, once for like 15 years?

I bought a slightly used Nightengale HD247 (Canadian chair maker, ergo chair, for fatasses like myself) from the suppliers outlet, and I've had it for 10 years now. It still feels mostly new, which is not something I've ever been able to say about a chair from a big box store. The chair new should have been like 1200 CAD, I got it for 550~. 55/year for a chair is a steal, and considering its still great I'm going to imagine its going to last another 5-10 at least.

Exactly. This is one of those situations where it is expensive to be poor.
And on top of that, while those cheaper chairs may feel good to sit in briefly, they will destroy your back if you are in them 8+ hours a day.