Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry-Alphs
Feb 24, 2019

tehinternet posted:

I’ve had my embody for 1.5-2 years and it’s still like new. Between 8-12 hours of use 5 days a week, no pain, no discomfort. 6’3” and 240lbs. I will say that if you have longer legs (34” inseam) or are taller than me, you might want to look at a larger size, because it’s right at the point where max height on the chair is right for me.

I get it. It’s a lot of money. But I churned through $200 chairs every two years. Even if we exclude the monetary value of not being in pain or uncomfortable, I’ll have made my money back if this outlasts the 12 year warranty.

tl;dr: if you sit a lot, buy an embody or one of the actual quality chairs recommended ITT, it’s worth it at full price let alone via a office reseller and repetitive stress injury (or whatever the hell a “sitting around a lot” injury is) is a wildly stupid thing that you can avoid.

Take care of you.

In July it'll be 4 years for me with the logitech version. 6'2" here with a bit less weight. It's still the same condition as when I first got it. Only annoyance is that i now resent my (few) days of working in the office because sitting in the chairs my work provides for a day is most definitely noticeable on my back.

One thing I would also definitely recommend if you work sitting five days a week is going to the gym at least once a week and doing some light back muscle exercises.

The combination of the right ergonomic chair for you and strengthening your back will pay dividends later in your life.

*Edit* And making sure you walk either during breaks/lunch whilst working and/or afterwards. If you make it part of your routine that can only help.

Angry-Alphs fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU