Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragehaver
Jul 27, 2001

"Though I often smell of excrement, I deserve your respect because I provide a valuable service."

Coredump posted:

The Ergohuman has pretty crap reviews on Amazon. I read a lot of other positive reviews around the net when it first came out, so I went into the local store and sat down in one.

It's pretty comfortable. It just feels extremely cheap and flimsy. Weird floating plastic parts being held by other low quality things here and there. The back has an embarrassing HR Giger look to it. A couple people on Amazon mention having to pay for replacement parts/etc, even though it has a "lifetime warranty" for everything.

I'd avoid it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragehaver
Jul 27, 2001

"Though I often smell of excrement, I deserve your respect because I provide a valuable service."

Cojawfee posted:

I've discovered that the ugliness of Steelcase's fabrics know no bounds. I thought I had seen it all with green and brown and weird patterns and bacon couches. I saw some that are like a blue green and purple Cosby sweater. The pattern is physically three dimensional, so you can feel all the raised bits as you sit on it and it feels like it would get really hot. I'm glad I don't have to sit on those. I don't understand why they picked that fabric because the cabinets they chose have a decent green fabric which would have been just fine for the chairs as well.

Mine was pretty bad. The other day I finally gave up and reupholstered it myself. I couldn't figure out how to remove the base, so I ended up doing a really lovely job. I used a piece of horse leather I had sitting around from when I was in a "leathercrafting hobby" phase, so it's mega soft and feels great. gently caress off, steelcase fabric.

Ragehaver fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 7, 2012

Ragehaver
Jul 27, 2001

Oppression posted:

Can anyone ID this based on this pic? I'm happy with it either way, but it would be nice to know if its like a gen 1 Leap or what-have-you in case I want to sell it in the future.

It might be a Leap V2? It's not a Leap V1, because the thing that holds up the back is completely different than mine. Here is a similar chair to mine. The back bar is very thick and clunky.

http://cubeclerk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/10812-1C-333x500.jpg
http://www.qolofficefurniture.com/images/products/396.jpg

So yeah, if you got a Leap V2 for $160, you killed it.