Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Ffycchi posted:

Staples Hyken Task Chair
Price: $120-230(sales depending)
https://www.staples.com/Staples-Hyken-Technical-Mesh-Task-Chair-Black/product_990119

Disclaimer: I have not used this chair, it has been added due to enough comments on comfort and reliability to be tiered. Please ask others for review.

10 year tier:
See previous answer

Alera Elusion Series(comes in mid back and high back, It comes in black and white as well.)
Price: $150-300
https://www.amazon.com/Alera-ALEEL42ME10B-Elusion-Mid-Back-Multifunction/dp/B003G4OJK4/
Do not get the series II, I repeat DO NOT GET THE SERIES II, it basically takes away all the ergonomic adjustment that makes this good.

If you're on a budget stop looking. As I've stated in many previous posts, no you won't get "SUPREME SPACE AGE MATERIALS" or a great warranty...It's a chair. Dare I say a good chair. Get a pair of 20$ memory foam armrest covers(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8F9IYC/ if you're too lazy to do the research yourself.) And its a chair that will last you a good amount of time in a good amount of comfort.

One of the big benefits of this chair is its adjustment, My 5'1" 100 pound wife can fit on it. My 6'1" 200 Pound arse can sit on it. My 6'7" 300 pound friend can sit on it(though not recommended? if youre that size id really recommend getting a HM/SC...or a gym membership....You're hitting the edge of what you can do with physics chairs at this point mate.)

I'd like an Elusion, but I want it to have a headrest. Should I just get a Hyken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Are gas springs all standardized? I have a Think v2 that randomly loses about half an inch of height at a time

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I'm 5'7" and have a Think, not a Leap, so this is not directly relevant, but it's fine enough, I guess. Nevertheless I'm looking to move up to an Embody.

Edit oh wait do you mean being tall is at the wrong end of the spectrum 🤔

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Lucky you. I found it incredibly painful instantly.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I tried an Embody today and it felt kind of underwhelming. The first time I sat down in a Leap I immediately exclaimed 'ooh that's good' but the embody was... totally fine, I think, but that's it.

And I need a new chair. I have a Steelcase think and I'm not a fan.