Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I got a second hand Herman Miller Aeron Classic for like 300$ months ago, best chair i've ever had.

I'd consider an Embody or a Remastered Aeron if this ever breaks.

What is pretty nice is that it seems Herman Millers are pretty repairable and parts are available, I'd have a hard time spending money on other chairs that have a busted strut after a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Second hand Aerons and Mirras can be had in the 300$ range. HM seems really expensive but their 12 year warranty is hard to beat if you’re buying new and i’ve had cheap gaming chairs break within a year. herman Millers are pretty repairable and parts are available for them.

Had my second had Aeron for around a year with no issues.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Aeron Remasters definitely go for $600+ second hand but being in the SF bay area along with lots of office closures since the pandemic means there are a lot of classic chairs around for 300-400$

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeHughLsLAw

Pretty good breakdown, I guess the big differences are the lumbar support and the pivot point on the newer remastered, seems relatively minor and don’t think youre missing out a lot on the classic if you’re on a budget. The Mirra 2 is supposed to be just as good albeit i’ve never sat in one myself. Wouldn’t mind trying an Embody if I find a good deal on one.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I went to the Herman Miller store in San Francisco to sit on the Embody and I really did like it, enough to decide that I want one. Currently i've been using an Aeron Classic for a couple of years that I got second hand and it's the best chair i've had so far.

I guess the main conundrum is do I go for a clean second hand embody for 700$ or I can fork up for the logitech version from HM directly for 1400$ on sale with their warranty?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
At the moment the Gamer version is actually cheaper, I sat on both versions and didn't find much of a difference comfort wise. The logitech version is just under 1400$ after tax and shipping while the office version is around 1600-1700$

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Went ahead and ordered the Black/Cyan Embody, I didn't necessarily want the Logitech version but it was still 300-400$ cheaper than the standard version and I didn't notice significant differences when sitting on both at the HM store.

Now I just have to wait a week and a half or so for it to come.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
First world problems: Ordered my Embody maybe a few days late so i'll have to wait until first week of June to get my chair so now i'm stuck with an Aeron Classic like a poor person for a few more weeks.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
My embody arrived after about a month after ordering. For about 1288$ on sale it's a relative long term bargain when it has the 12 year warranty. Enjoying it so far once you have it set the way you like it. Only minor minor complaint I have is that it doesn't recline as far as the Aeron did. Was playing Diablo 4 for hours with little fatigue.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Out here in California there are quite a office supply dealers that have used Embodys and will even deliver them for around 700$ and they wont charge you sales tax.

2nd week with the new Embody, don't notices any significant noises and the pixelated back support doesn't make any crunchy noises that i've heard some early models have have had.

I'm not going to return it for sure but I kinda love that big box it comes in. Almost want to turn it into a cat house.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
After having the Embody for nearly a year I can say it's worth the price used or new (when they have a sale going)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I wouldn't hesitate to get a second hand embody for 600-800$ if money was short.

The 12 year warranty on a new one does sort of make it worth it.

Even if something happens to a used one there are spare parts available, HM actually stands by their stuff and even the early Embodys from offices seem in good shape.